FoodBanter.com

-   -   SWAT Holiday Tasting (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/421835-swat-holiday-tasting.html)

Bi!! 21-12-2012 05:21 PM

SWAT Holiday Tasting

I have a group of friends much like Dale's SOBER group who get
together a few times a year to share wine. We do a lot of charity
work and all have cellars deep with fun stuff. I took no formal notes
but jotted down a few impressions as this get together is more social
than anything but WOW.

Selosse Initial Champagne-Beery and yeasty evolving into apples and
pears then citrus. B+

2011 Nostre Pais Costieres De Nimes Blanc-Grenache Blanc. Floral and
bright with orange peel notes. C+

2005 Chave Hermitage Blanc-Huge, oily, honey and lemon. Massive
structure and lingering palate. A-

2006 Chapoutier le Meal Blanc-Slightly lighter than the Chave. Slight
carbonation. Peaches and limes. B+

1982 Maison Leroy Savigny les Beaune-Brickish, sour cherry and
mushrooms. Tired and old. C

2011 Vegas Sicilia Unico Riserva Especial-Tasty, light, black cherry
and firm tannins. B

1975 Ch. Latour-Dark red with slight brick. Nose of cedar and earth.
Cassis and leather on the palate. B+

1982 Ch Margaux-Incredible nose of cassis and violets. Smooth and
rich red and black fruits. A

1990 Ch Mouton-Sligtly brickish. Tight nose. Huge. Lead pencil and
cassis. A

1985 Heitz Martha's-Very brickish. Eucalyptus and leather on nose.
Red cherries and berries with earth. B+

2007 Colgin IX Napa Red. Luden's cough drops. Syrupy and oaky. not a
fav of mine. C

2009 Mark Herold Ardore Cab-Dark purple. Peppery and mouthcoating.
Too much oak. C

1997 Villa Banfi Brunello-Nose of cedar and cherries. Old style
Brunello. B

1999 Masseto-Coffee, truffles and blackberries. Delicious A

1994 Guigal LaLandonne Syrah-Smooth and sleek. Red fruits and black
pepper. WOTN A

2004 Roger Sabon Le Secret-Boysenberry syrup. B-