Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Spanish wines Punto y Seguido

More and more I have been turning to Spanish wines esp the Granaches for
everyday value. Tonight we tried the Punto y Seguido 2009 Garnacha vinas
viejas by Castillo de Maluenda. It was soft and supple and yet with a
nice feel in the mouth. The finish wasn't long or extravagant, but the
wine itself was clean and fresh going well with the Mushroom Angliotti
(I know, I know. Two days in a row talking about mushrooms. I am
becoming a flashback to the 70"s)

Value is apparent when you get to Spain these days. from the Ribera del
Duero to the wines of Monstant and Calatayud I find myself a happy
camper every time I pick up a Spanish red. Still looking for a
dissapointment to make the rule.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Dec 10, 9:39*pm, jcoulter > wrote:
> More and more I have been turning to Spanish wines esp the Granaches for
> everyday value. Tonight we tried the Punto y Seguido 2009 Garnacha vinas
> viejas by Castillo de Maluenda. It was soft and supple and yet with a
> nice feel in the mouth. The finish wasn't long or extravagant, but the
> wine itself was clean and fresh going well with the Mushroom Angliotti
> (I know, I know. Two days in a row talking about mushrooms. I am
> becoming a flashback to the 70"s)
>
> Value is apparent when you get to Spain these days. from the Ribera del
> Duero to the wines of Monstant and Calatayud I find myself a happy
> camper every time I pick up a Spanish red. Still looking for a
> dissapointment to make the rule.

Lots of value in Spain but I recently had a Prado Enea from Muga that
I had a hard time getting my head around. I have been really
dissapointed in Muga's wines of late.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:59:25 AM UTC-7, Bi!! wrote:
> On Dec 10, 9:39*pm, jcoulter > wrote:
>
> > More and more I have been turning to Spanish wines esp the Granaches for

> > everyday value. Tonight we tried the Punto y Seguido 2009 Garnacha vinas

> > viejas by Castillo de Maluenda. It was soft and supple and yet with a

> > nice feel in the mouth. The finish wasn't long or extravagant, but the

> > wine itself was clean and fresh going well with the Mushroom Angliotti

> > (I know, I know. Two days in a row talking about mushrooms. I am

> > becoming a flashback to the 70"s)

> > Value is apparent when you get to Spain these days. from the Ribera del

> > Duero to the wines of Monstant and Calatayud I find myself a happy

> > camper every time I pick up a Spanish red. Still looking for a

> > dissapointment to make the rule.

> Lots of value in Spain but I recently had a Prado Enea from Muga that
>
> I had a hard time getting my head around. I have been really
>
> dissapointed in Muga's wines of late.

I'm with you Bii. I won't buy Muga anymore. I get loads of brett or TCA in almost every bottle. I think they have cleanliness problems in their winery..
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Dec 11, 6:36*pm, lleichtman > wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 9:59:25 AM UTC-7, Bi!! wrote:
> > On Dec 10, 9:39*pm, jcoulter > wrote:

> > > More and more I have been turning to Spanish wines esp the Granaches for

> > > everyday value. Tonight we tried the Punto y Seguido 2009 Garnacha vinas

> > > viejas by Castillo de Maluenda. It was soft and supple and yet with a

> > > nice feel in the mouth. The finish wasn't long or extravagant, but the

> > > wine itself was clean and fresh going well with the Mushroom Angliotti

> > > (I know, I know. Two days in a row talking about mushrooms. I am

> > > becoming a flashback to the 70"s)

> > > Value is apparent when you get to Spain these days. from the Ribera del

> > > Duero to the wines of Monstant and Calatayud I find myself a happy

> > > camper every time I pick up a Spanish red. Still looking for a

> > > dissapointment to make the rule.

> > Lots of value in Spain but I recently had a Prado Enea from Muga that

> > I had a hard time getting my head around. *I have been really

> > dissapointed in Muga's wines of late.

> I'm with you Bii. I won't buy Muga anymore. I get loads of brett or TCA in almost every bottle. I think they have cleanliness problems in their winery.

Yes Larry...every bottle! Years ago it was a "go to" wine but between
the oak and the taint I pass these days.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:40:56 AM UTC-7, Bi!! wrote:
> On Dec 11, 6:36*pm, lleichtman > wrote:

> > > Lots of value in Spain but I recently had a Prado Enea from Muga that

> > > I had a hard time getting my head around. *I have been really

> > > dissapointed in Muga's wines of late.

> > I'm with you Bii. I won't buy Muga anymore. I get loads of brett or TCA in almost every bottle. I think they have cleanliness problems in their winery.

> Yes Larry...every bottle! Years ago it was a "go to" wine but between
>
> the oak and the taint I pass these days.

So why does such a well-known and previously well-run winery get in this position. Money over quality?

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Dec 12, 6:12*pm, lleichtman > wrote:
> On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 10:40:56 AM UTC-7, Bi!! wrote:

> > > I'm with you Bii. I won't buy Muga anymore. I get loads of brett or TCA in almost every bottle. I think they have cleanliness problems in their winery.

> > Yes Larry...every bottle! *Years ago it was a "go to" wine but between

> > the oak and the taint I pass these days.

> So why does such a well-known and previously well-run winery get in this position. Money over quality?- Hide quoted text -

That would be my guess but a healthy dose of ineptitude may factor
in. The taint issue bothers me more than anything. They seem to have
embraced the "Parker" style which perhaps drives more US sales but the
taint seems to fixable yet it goes on so they choose to ignore it.

Has anyone tasted these Spanish wines? cwdjrxyz Wine 7 12-12-2008 02:34 PM
WTN: 3 French wines, 1 Spanish DaleW Wine 5 29-11-2007 02:59 AM
Spanish Wines Kamakazee Wine 11 26-09-2007 08:55 PM
TN: Spanish wines in Scarsdale DaleW Wine 13 19-07-2006 09:40 AM
Heady Spanish Wines mary Wine 5 13-12-2004 09:03 PM