Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2001 La Palazzetta Brunello

We made red sauce with pork neck and venison meatballs yesterday for
dinner and I opened a bottle of 2001 la Palazzetta Brunello di
Montalcino from a case I bought on release. I have visited Flavio
Fanti at his family winery and he is an honest winemaker making an
honest wine. He spoke no English and I spoke no Italian so we
conversed in mangled French for two hours while enjoying his wines.
Fun memory. The wine was garnet in the glass with a fair amount of
brick. Nose of plums and wet wood. Medium weight on the palate with
a fair amount of upfront cherry and red plum flavors followed by black
olive and cedar. Smooth tannins on a long pleasant finish. I paid
about $35 a bottle for the case and it is a terrific QPR. "B"

TN: 1999 Brunello DaleW Wine 0 27-05-2014 05:24 PM
2001 Brunello Poggio $34.99 Dee Dee Wine 1 26-07-2007 04:53 PM
Brunello advice Thomas Curmudgeon Wine 7 24-04-2005 05:43 PM
Brunello in a Restaurant Dennis Russo Wine 6 04-06-2004 02:52 PM
traditional Brunello Dale Williams Wine 6 09-02-2004 12:20 PM