FoodBanter.com

-   -   1995 Selvapiana Bucerchiale Chianti Rufina Riserva (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/421452-1995-selvapiana-bucerchiale-chianti.html)

Bi!! 30-11-2012 03:31 PM

1995 Selvapiana Bucerchiale Chianti Rufina Riserva

Last night with flank steak braised in red wine I opened one of my
last bottles of 1995 Selvapiana Bucerchiale Chianti Rufina Riserva.
Still dark red with a bit of brick and pink at the rim. Nose of dark
wooddsy notes and leather with black cherry. First impression on the
palate is cherry and cedar then a bit of mint on the finish.
Remarkable acidity and a finish full of tannic grip. "B"

Mark Lipton[_1_] 30-11-2012 08:32 PM

On 11/30/12 10:31 AM, Bi!! wrote:
> Last night with flank steak braised in red wine I opened one of my
> last bottles of 1995 Selvapiana Bucerchiale Chianti Rufina Riserva.
> Still dark red with a bit of brick and pink at the rim. Nose of dark
> wooddsy notes and leather with black cherry. First impression on the
> palate is cherry and cedar then a bit of mint on the finish.
> Remarkable acidity and a finish full of tannic grip. "B"

Very nice, Bill. I purchased a couple of the '04, which is a birthyear
wine for our son. Good to know that this wine has that sort of
longevity to it.

Mark Lipton