Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '09 COS Frappato

Opened with a dinner tonight of leftover BBQ.

2009 Az. Ag. COS Frappato
nose: bright strawberry, black pepper, later taking on earthy notes
palate: light body, bright acidity, smooth finish

Although this wine is on the lighter side for a red (complete with
lighter color) it nonetheless packs a lot of flavor and is just a lot of
fun to drink. It also went surprisingly well with the BBQ.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default '09 COS Frappato

On Nov 28, 11:04*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Opened with a dinner tonight of leftover BBQ.
>
> 2009 Az. Ag. COS Frappato
> nose: bright strawberry, black pepper, later taking on earthy notes
> palate: light body, bright acidity, smooth finish
>
> Although this wine is on the lighter side for a red (complete with
> lighter color) it nonetheless packs a lot of flavor and is just a lot of
> fun to drink. *It also went surprisingly well with the BBQ.
>
> Mark Lipton

I really enjoy the Az. Ag Frappato but I only find it here on wine
lists, never in a wine store (rarely find any Frappato in a wine
store). I guess I need to either buy online or check and see who the
distributor is.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:05:34 PM UTC-5, Bi!! wrote:
> On Nov 28, 11:04*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
>
> > Opened with a dinner tonight of leftover BBQ.

> > 2009 Az. Ag. COS Frappato

> > nose: bright strawberry, black pepper, later taking on earthy notes

> > palate: light body, bright acidity, smooth finish

> > Although this wine is on the lighter side for a red (complete with

> > lighter color) it nonetheless packs a lot of flavor and is just a lot of

> > fun to drink. *It also went surprisingly well with the BBQ.

> > Mark Lipton

> I really enjoy the Az. Ag Frappato but I only find it here on wine
>
> lists, never in a wine store (rarely find any Frappato in a wine
>
> store). I guess I need to either buy online or check and see who the
>
> distributor is.

Same here, I find it on wine list but zero in stores.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 11/29/12 12:05 PM, Bi!! wrote:

> I really enjoy the Az. Ag Frappato but I only find it here on wine
> lists, never in a wine store (rarely find any Frappato in a wine
> store). I guess I need to either buy online or check and see who the
> distributor is.

Bill,
FWIW I got mine from Envoyer Fine Wines, a CA retailer that does a
flourishing Internet business, too.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 29, 2:23*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> On 11/29/12 12:05 PM, Bi!! wrote:
>
> > I really enjoy the Az. Ag Frappato but I only find it here on wine
> > lists, never in a wine store (rarely find any Frappato in a wine
> > store). *I guess I need to either buy online or check and see who the
> > distributor is.

> Bill,
> * *FWIW I got mine from Envoyer Fine Wines, a CA retailer that does a
> flourishing Internet business, too.
>
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Thanks Mark. Don't know them but will look them up.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thursday, November 29, 2012 2:23:51 PM UTC-5, Mark Lipton wrote:
> On 11/29/12 12:05 PM, Bi!! wrote:
>

> > I really enjoy the Az. Ag Frappato but I only find it here on wine

> > lists, never in a wine store (rarely find any Frappato in a wine

> > store). I guess I need to either buy online or check and see who the

> > distributor is.

> Bill,
>
> FWIW I got mine from Envoyer Fine Wines, a CA retailer that does a
>
> flourishing Internet business, too.
>

> Mark Lipton
>

> --
>
> alt.food.wine FAQ: http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Out of stock on almost all of their Italian wines including the Frappato.
Posted to alt.food.wine

I was going to say that it is also difficult to find around here but this
year I had managed to get a couple of bottles from a shop in Barcelona. But
it is not COS what I received today... it is Occhipinti. Which is also
supposed to be excellent.

Will let it sit for a couple of weeks and then try it out. I need to
improve my modest cellar with some Italian wines.

s.

Mark Lipton > wrote in news:k96msm$th$1
@speranza.aioe.org:

> Opened with a dinner tonight of leftover BBQ.
>
> 2009 Az. Ag. COS Frappato
> nose: bright strawberry, black pepper, later taking on earthy notes
> palate: light body, bright acidity, smooth finish
>
> Although this wine is on the lighter side for a red (complete with
> lighter color) it nonetheless packs a lot of flavor and is just a lot of
> fun to drink. It also went surprisingly well with the BBQ.
>
> Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 12/5/12 6:27 PM, santiago wrote:
> I was going to say that it is also difficult to find around here but this
> year I had managed to get a couple of bottles from a shop in Barcelona. But
> it is not COS what I received today... it is Occhipinti. Which is also
> supposed to be excellent.
>
> Will let it sit for a couple of weeks and then try it out. I need to
> improve my modest cellar with some Italian wines.

Santiago,
I wrote here about the Occhipinti Frappato on 8 Sept 2012, but you
may have trouble getting that article now. Anyway, hers is also
excellent (no surprise since her uncle makes the wine at COS). These
are very light but fun wines, somewhere between rosado and red.

Enjoy!
Mark Lipton