Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Turkey day at Red Cat NYC

My wife and I ventured to NYC to meet up with our daughter, son-in-law
and grandkids in NYC for the Macy's parade and Thanksgiving dinner at
Red Cat in Chelsea. The food at Red Cat was terrific and a price
fixed three course dinner was great. I opted for the crispy oysters,
turkey and trimmings and pumkin pie although my wife's Skate wing was
delicious albeit a bit unconventional for Thanksgiving. I ordered a
bottle of 2007 Shramsburg Blanc de Noirs to start with. Good mousse,
nice peachy, apple and citrus with long smooth finish. For dinner we
had a bottle of 2010 Failla Estate Chardonnay. Crisp, clean mildly
oaked and great with the food.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Monday, November 26, 2012 1:31:09 PM UTC-5, Bi!! wrote:
> My wife and I ventured to NYC to meet up with our daughter, son-in-law
>
> and grandkids in NYC for the Macy's parade and Thanksgiving dinner at
>
> Red Cat in Chelsea. The food at Red Cat was terrific and a price

The Red Cat is my son's restaurant. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

/Jim
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 27, 10:25*am, Jim Bradley > wrote:
> On Monday, November 26, 2012 1:31:09 PM UTC-5, Bi!! wrote:
> > My wife and I ventured to NYC to meet up with our daughter, son-in-law

> > and grandkids in NYC for the Macy's parade and Thanksgiving dinner at

> > Red Cat in Chelsea. *The food at Red Cat was terrific and a price

> The Red Cat is my son's restaurant. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
>
> /Jim

Jim-I was so impressed with the food that I bought the cookbook!
Great place and the service was top notch.