FoodBanter.com

-   -   2006 Anne Gros Vosne Romanee Les Barreux (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/421239-2006-anne-gros-vosne.html)

Bi!! 20-11-2012 04:14 PM

2006 Anne Gros Vosne Romanee Les Barreux

We had a mushroom tart for dinner last night so I opened a wine from a
case lot that I purchased on release 2006 Anne Gros Vosne Romanee Les
Barreaux. Dark burgundy red in the glass with fairly intense
aromatics. Black dirt, blackberrys and black cherry on the nose with
a fairly stong floral component. Fairly straightforward on the palate
with somewhat concentrated fruit profile. Very bright red, blackberry
and a touch of smoke. A fair amount of acidity under the fruit and
stiff tannins on the finish make me think it needs at least five more
years. Decent for a village wine.

greybeard[_2_] 21-11-2012 04:11 AM

"Bi!!" > wrote in message
| We had a mushroom tart for dinner last night so I opened a wine from a
| case lot that I purchased on release 2006 Anne Gros Vosne Romanee Les
| Barreaux. Dark burgundy red in the glass with fairly intense
| aromatics. Black dirt, blackberrys and black cherry on the nose with
| a fairly stong floral component. Fairly straightforward on the palate
| with somewhat concentrated fruit profile. Very bright red, blackberry
| and a touch of smoke. A fair amount of acidity under the fruit and
| stiff tannins on the finish make me think it needs at least five more
| years. Decent for a village wine.

Hmmm..... Anne Gros wines..........Hmmm...........

[south sea islander extracts vicarious pleasure]

Thanks Bi!!

Bi!! 26-11-2012 05:36 PM

On Nov 20, 10:11*pm, "greybeard" > wrote:
> "Bi!!" > wrote in message

> | We had a mushroom tart for dinner last night so I opened a wine from a
> | case lot that I purchased on release 2006 Anne Gros Vosne Romanee Les
> | Barreaux. *Dark burgundy red in the glass with fairly intense
> | aromatics. *Black dirt, blackberrys and black cherry on the nose with
> | a fairly stong floral component. *Fairly straightforward on the palate
> | with somewhat concentrated fruit profile. *Very bright red, blackberry
> | and a touch of smoke. *A fair amount of acidity under the fruit and
> | stiff tannins on the finish make me think it needs at least five more
> | years. *Decent for a village wine.
> |

> Hmmm..... Anne Gros wines..........Hmmm...........
>
> [south sea islander extracts vicarious pleasure]
>
> Thanks Bi!!

Hey, keep your vicarious pleasures to yourself. :-)