Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2000 Trimbach Clos Ste. Hune Riesling

Opened with pork and apples last night 2000 Trimbach Clos Ste Hune
Riesling. Good cork, The wine was medium golden in the glass. Intial
nose of pure petrol blew off in a few minutes. Aroma of apples,
ho9neysuckle and sea salt showing more lime and almond as it aired in
the glass. Bone dry on the palate. Lots of minerality, saline and
lime rounding our into Granny Smith Apple with a hint of petrol from
start to finish. "A-"
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thursday, November 8, 2012 9:27:31 AM UTC-7, Bi!! wrote:
> Opened with pork and apples last night 2000 Trimbach Clos Ste Hune
>
> Riesling. Good cork, The wine was medium golden in the glass. Intial
>
> nose of pure petrol blew off in a few minutes. Aroma of apples,
>
> ho9neysuckle and sea salt showing more lime and almond as it aired in
>
> the glass. Bone dry on the palate. Lots of minerality, saline and
>
> lime rounding our into Granny Smith Apple with a hint of petrol from
>
> start to finish. "A-"

Have the 2002 waiting for just this sort of meal. Looking forward to it. Are you finding the more current bottlings as intense?
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Nov 8, 12:38*pm, lleichtman > wrote:
> On Thursday, November 8, 2012 9:27:31 AM UTC-7, Bi!! wrote:
> > Opened with pork and apples last night 2000 Trimbach Clos Ste Hune

> > Riesling. *Good cork, The wine was medium golden in the glass. *Intial

> > nose of pure petrol blew off in a few minutes. *Aroma of apples,

> > ho9neysuckle and sea salt showing more lime and almond as it aired in

> > the glass. *Bone dry on the palate. *Lots of minerality, saline and

> > lime rounding our into Granny Smith Apple with a hint of petrol from

> > start to finish. *"A-"

> Have the 2002 waiting for just this sort of meal. Looking forward to it. Are you finding the more current bottlings as intense?

To be totally honest, the 2000 vintage could use just a touch more
acidity. I just tasted the 2004 which I thought was incredibly
intense. It gets hard to come by at times and I only have a few older
vintages left. I'll report as I open them.