Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Thanksgiving info

Dale-As a resident New Yorker I'm looking for some guidance. We are
spending T-day in NYC as my Son-In-Law is on assignment there. We are
looking for a place for Thanksgiving dinner and my daughter listed a
few places that she likes: The Red Cat,Good Restaurant and Cooks Shop
which all offer a Thanksgiving Day Menu. Were staying at 57th and
Park Ave. Any input is welcome. Sorry to be so off topic.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Monday, September 24, 2012 3:28:21 PM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
> Dale-As a resident New Yorker I'm looking for some guidance. We are
>
> spending T-day in NYC as my Son-In-Law is on assignment there. We are
>
> looking for a place for Thanksgiving dinner and my daughter listed a
>
> few places that she likes: The Red Cat,Good Restaurant and Cooks Shop
>
> which all offer a Thanksgiving Day Menu. Were staying at 57th and
>
> Park Ave. Any input is welcome. Sorry to be so off topic.

The only one I've been to is Red Cat, and that's been a while. Nice in a kind of we're a bistro+ type style, food quite competent if not innovative. Cookshop has a very good rep (and are rumored to be corkage friendly). I don't know Good.

Sorry that I'm going to GA for Thanksgiving, would have been nice to meet you.

57th and Park- 2 blocks from Crush (and 2 short blocks from Sherry Lehmann!).

Besides T'giving dinner, for variety you are near Peking Duck house and Il Corso (both corkage friendly). if you want to splurge Daniel, a little less of a splurge Rouge Tomato.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 9/24/12 4:41 PM, DaleW wrote:

> 57th and Park- 2 blocks from Crush (and 2 short blocks from Sherry
> Lehmann!).
>
> Besides T'giving dinner, for variety you are near Peking Duck house
> and Il Corso (both corkage friendly). if you want to splurge Daniel,
> a little less of a splurge Rouge Tomato.

I'm pretty sure you mean Rouge Tomate, Dale (autocorrect error?). And I
can vouch for Il Corso, both for food quality and for low corkage.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 24, 4:41*pm, DaleW > wrote:
> On Monday, September 24, 2012 3:28:21 PM UTC-4, Bi!! wrote:
> > Dale-As a resident New Yorker I'm looking for some guidance. *We are

> > spending T-day in NYC as my Son-In-Law is on assignment there. *We are

> > looking for a place for Thanksgiving dinner and my daughter listed a

> > few places that she likes: *The Red Cat,Good Restaurant and Cooks Shop

> > which all offer a Thanksgiving Day Menu. *Were staying at 57th and

> > Park Ave. * Any input is welcome. *Sorry to be so off topic.

> The only one I've been to is Red Cat, and that's been a while. Nice in a kind of we're a bistro+ type style, food quite competent if not innovative. Cookshop has a very good rep (and are rumored to be corkage friendly). I don't know Good.
>
> Sorry that I'm going to GA for Thanksgiving, would have been nice to meet you.
>
> 57th and Park- 2 blocks from Crush (and 2 short blocks from Sherry Lehmann!).
>
> Besides T'giving dinner, for variety you are near Peking Duck house and Il Corso (both corkage friendly). if you want to splurge Daniel, a little less of a splurge Rouge Tomato.

Thanks Dale and Mark. Too bad you're travelling but I will be
returning to NYC in the spring so I'll give you a "heads-up".

Info Jason Todd General Cooking 2 23-07-2010 08:33 PM
Please send info to [email protected] Aaron[_4_] General Cooking 0 14-10-2009 12:37 PM
Info Please Sheryl General Cooking 56 17-07-2008 07:49 PM
thank you for all the info k-dawg Winemaking 6 15-03-2006 10:36 PM
useful info Joe Sallustio Winemaking 0 25-05-2005 12:36 PM