Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Flora Springs wines

Went to a dinner/tasting at Gallisteo Bistro here in Santa Fe. The theme for the evening was Mexican regional cuisines. So with that one would expect beer. Nope, Flora Springs rep was there with their complete line: Sauvingon Blanc 2010 , Chardonnay 2010 steel fermented no oak, Merlot 2010 with 3% Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon 100% Rutherford fruit 2009, Trilogy 2008 (Bordeaux blend). Had Tinga one of my favorite dishes from Puebla with huitlacohe tacos. Started with a cold white bean soup that went perfectly with the Sauvingon Blanc a crisp clean variety with melon and lime. Chardonnay wasn't that interesting. The Merlot went well with the Tinga and this was one of the better CA merlots I have had in a while. The Cabernet Sauvingnon was great and a rich nose and complex taste. The the Triology, one of my favorite Bordeaux Blends. Rich cococa, yellow plums, finish of espresso. Great evening and good wines. Even had an excellent tres leches cake for dessert.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 14, 1:48*am, lleichtman > wrote:
> Went to a dinner/tasting at Gallisteo Bistro here in Santa Fe. The theme for the evening was Mexican regional cuisines. So with that one would expect beer. Nope, Flora Springs rep was there with their complete line: Sauvingon Blanc 2010 , Chardonnay 2010 steel fermented no oak, Merlot 2010 with 3% Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon 100% Rutherford fruit 2009, Trilogy 2008 (Bordeaux blend). Had Tinga one of my favorite dishes from Puebla with huitlacohe tacos. Started with a cold white bean soup that went perfectly with the Sauvingon Blanc a crisp clean variety with melon and lime. Chardonnay wasn't that interesting. The Merlot went well with the Tinga and this was one of the better CA merlots I have had in a while. The Cabernet Sauvingnon was great and a rich nose and complex taste. The the Triology, one of my favorite Bordeaux Blends. Rich cococa, yellow plums, finish of espresso. Great evening and good wines. Even had an excellent tres leches cake for dessert.

Always enjoyed their Cabs especially the Wild Boar Vineyard as well as
the Trilogy.

2002 Flora Springs 25th Anniversary Napa Cabernet Sauvignon. Bi!! Wine 3 15-05-2012 11:25 PM
REC: Mrs. Flora Hale's Chess Pie Wayne Boatwright[_4_] General Cooking 10 22-02-2009 02:00 AM
[TN] '00 Lytton Springs Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 0 09-02-2009 04:49 AM
Cola Flora Martin S Historic 7 04-09-2008 07:54 AM
Flora and Fauna of the Burbs The Ranger General Cooking 1 27-12-2005 03:34 PM