Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '99 Font de Michelle CNdP

With a long-awaited break in the temperatures and the prospect of my
mother leaving the hospital tomorrow, we broiled some lamb chops and opened:

1999 Font de Michelle Chateauneuf-du-Pape
nose: meaty, kirschwasser
palate: vivid acidity, medium body, fully resolved tannins

Jean had requested a Chateauneuf with the lamb, so I chose this as one
of our readiest examples. Quite ready with great balance and a very
"typical" profile of meat and cherry fruit, this wine was a
counterexample to the "bigger is better" school of winemaking in the
region. Very nice with the lamb.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:55:25 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> With a long-awaited break in the temperatures and the prospect of my
> mother leaving the hospital tomorrow, we broiled some lamb chops and opened:
>
> 1999 Font de Michelle Chateauneuf-du-Pape
> nose: meaty, kirschwasser
> palate: vivid acidity, medium body, fully resolved tannins
>
> Jean had requested a Chateauneuf with the lamb, so I chose this as one
> of our readiest examples. Quite ready with great balance and a very
> "typical" profile of meat and cherry fruit, this wine was a
> counterexample to the "bigger is better" school of winemaking in the
> region. Very nice with the lamb.
>
> Mark Lipton

Glad to hear your mom is being released. The CdP sounds nice, I do enjoy the ones not made in steroid style
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default '99 Font de Michelle CNdP

On Jul 19, 9:55*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> With a long-awaited break in the temperatures and the prospect of my
> mother leaving the hospital tomorrow, we broiled some lamb chops and opened:
>
> 1999 Font de Michelle Chateauneuf-du-Pape
> nose: meaty, kirschwasser
> palate: vivid acidity, medium body, fully resolved tannins
>
> Jean had requested a Chateauneuf with the lamb, so I chose this as one
> of our readiest examples. *Quite ready with great balance and a very
> "typical" profile of meat and cherry fruit, this wine was a
> counterexample to the "bigger is better" school of winemaking in the
> region. *Very nice with the lamb.
>
> Mark Lipton

Good to hear your mom is better. Agree with Dale as so many recent
CdP's seem to have jumped the shark.