Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2008 Paul Hobbs Cabernet

Met a friend last night for dinner at my favorite restaurant. Love
the grilled Onglet so I ordered a bottle of 2008 Paul Hobbs Napa
Valley Cabernet. He bought dinner I bought the wine. We started with
a glass of NV Rene Geoffroy Rose Champagne. Nice mousse, firm flavors
with cherry and ripe strawberry flavors. Nice change of pace served
with a mortadella and roasted beet salad. The 2008 Paul Hobbs
Cabernet was a real surprise. Deep purple in the glass with a ton of
cassis and a hint of oaky vanilla on the nose. Medium weight, smooth
and polished. Black cherry, black currant a bit of wet gravel on the
finish. Smooth ripe tannins. "B+/A-"
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi!! View Post
Met a friend last night for dinner at my favorite restaurant. Love
the grilled Onglet so I ordered a bottle of 2008 Paul Hobbs Napa
Valley Cabernet. He bought dinner I bought the wine. We started with
a glass of NV Rene Geoffroy Rose Champagne. Nice mousse, firm flavors
with cherry and ripe strawberry flavors. Nice change of pace served
with a mortadella and roasted beet salad. The 2008 Paul Hobbs
Cabernet was a real surprise. Deep purple in the glass with a ton of
cassis and a hint of oaky vanilla on the nose. Medium weight, smooth
and polished. Black cherry, black currant a bit of wet gravel on the
finish. Smooth ripe tannins. "B+/A-"
I've never tried 2008 Paul Hobbs Napa before, but after reading this, I'll consider it on my next wine tasting.