Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] Red wines in scorching weather (Coudert, Baudry)

With temperatures in the 100s this week, one might expect that wine
consumption would be limited to water and white wines (which it mostly
was), we nonetheless popped the cork on a few red wines to accompany the
steaks that we cooked on the grill on July 4.

2010 Alain Coudert "Clos de Roilette" Fleurie
nose: red fruit, floral notes
palate: chalky tannins, fresh acidity

2009 Bernard Baudry Chinon "Les Granges"
nose: Band-Aids, smoky herbaceousness, dark cherry fruit
palate: medium body, good acidity, chalky tannins

Both wines were quite young and showed it, but the quality of both was
quite evident. The Baudry sang with the steaks and the Coudert was a
good all-around food wine, especially chilled for the scorching weather.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sunday, July 8, 2012 10:25:35 PM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> With temperatures in the 100s this week, one might expect that wine
> consumption would be limited to water and white wines (which it mostly
> was), we nonetheless popped the cork on a few red wines to accompany the
> steaks that we cooked on the grill on July 4.
>
> 2010 Alain Coudert "Clos de Roilette" Fleurie
> nose: red fruit, floral notes
> palate: chalky tannins, fresh acidity
>
> 2009 Bernard Baudry Chinon "Les Granges"
> nose: Band-Aids, smoky herbaceousness, dark cherry fruit
> palate: medium body, good acidity, chalky tannins
>
> Both wines were quite young and showed it, but the quality of both was
> quite evident. The Baudry sang with the steaks and the Coudert was a
> good all-around food wine, especially chilled for the scorching weather.
>
> Mark Lipton

thanks, useful as I have these!

TN: Patio wines- ESJ, Giacosa (not nebb!), Bachelet, Mayacamas,Coudert, etc DaleW Wine 12 16-08-2015 11:56 AM
TN: Thanksgiving with Bea, Coudert, Donnhoff, Mondavi, and others DaleW Wine 0 29-11-2013 10:32 PM
[TN] 2011 Coudert Cuvee Christal Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 0 21-02-2013 06:05 AM
TN: '04 Coudert Fleurie DaleW Wine 0 29-08-2005 07:27 PM
TN: weekend wines (Baudry, Loosen, Anselmi, Las Rocas, etc. DaleW Wine 3 06-07-2005 09:44 AM