Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '02 Ecard Savigny Narbantons

With a duck dinner the other night, I opened a bottle of the '91 Jadot
Chambertin Clos de Beze that proved to be corked (!!!), so I went down
to the cellar and came back with a replacement bottle:

2002 Maurice Écard Savigny-les-Beaune "Les Narbantons" 1er Cru
nose: bright red fruit, soy sauce, seaweed, beef blood
palate: rounded, but not soft, vivid acidity, fully resolved tannins

Yum! This wine hits the spot, in a medium-bodied sort of way. This is
what I look for in lighter-framed Pinot Noir, and it has enough savory,
umami character to keep matters interesting.

Mark Lipton

TN: Qupe Syrah, Ecard SlB, Bouchard Meursault, Red New (Finger Lakes) Riesling DaleW Wine 0 04-01-2017 03:01 PM
TN: savigny les beaune Emery Davis[_3_] Wine 8 01-09-2015 02:11 PM
[TN] Adieu, Maurice Écard Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 0 06-10-2014 06:11 AM
TN: Sancerre and Savigny DaleW Wine 0 10-05-2009 06:53 PM
Evangile and a Savigny Markus Wine 4 03-11-2004 02:49 PM