Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 3 pinks, 3 whites

Tuesday Betsy made a favorite dish- fried calamari, mushrooms (maitake and king trumpet), and lemon in an arugula salad. Wine was the 2009 Pascal Cotat La Grande Cote Sancerre. Big, full, there’s a bit of noticable alcohol- I wouldn’t call hot, but verging. Full flavors of tropical fruits, good acids, a mineral note on finish. B

Wednesday Betsy headed to Maine for concerts, I made a lobster/peashoot salad and cold sorrel soup, and headed to riverfront concert. Absolutely gorgeous evening- 70s, a breeze, low humdity- and a very good jazz band, with a spectacular sunset to boot. And of course wines:

2009 Henri Boillot Bourgogne blanc
Full, rich to the edge of fatness, pear and hazelnut, could use a touch more acid but overall a nice baby Meursault. B/B+

2010 Pepiere Muscadet
What needs to be said? Clean, saline, crisp, fun. B+

2011 Brun Rose de Folie
Sweet raspberry/cranberry juice, snappy, lively, summery. B+

2011 Vissoux/Chermette “Les Griottes” Beaujolais rose
Pale, this actually seemed a little lifeless compared to the other 2 roses. A tad dull, red fruits, a little musty- not sure this was correct, if it was C+

2011 les Fouques Cuvee Aubigue (Cotes de Provence)
New one to me, this is a buy again. Earth, herbs, red berries, citrus zest. Nice body, this can stand up to food, quite nice. B+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

TN: mostly whites, plus bubbly, 2 pinks, 2 reds DaleW Wine 0 28-07-2012 09:01 PM
Whites Must Have Children: New Tax Rules To Encourage Whites ToHave Babies Ramon F. Herrera General Cooking 1 19-05-2012 01:47 PM
TN: pre-Labor Day party, w/reds, white, pinks, bubbles DaleW Wine 2 08-09-2009 02:16 PM
TN: whites and pinks DaleW Wine 0 21-06-2008 04:07 PM
[TN] Three whites Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] Wine 0 30-03-2008 08:53 AM