Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Adventures with big wine lists and smaller cellars

We went out last night to celebrate various things so having a gift
certificate in hand we went off to Ruth's Chris. I perused the sizable
list and settled on a Cornas "Very Good Sir" and after a few minutes
wait the server appeared with a bottle in hand. Bottlle had a bright
purplish label and was in the shape of a bordeaux "NO this is not good
" my little brain screamed. I poitely inspected the proffered bottle,

"This is not a Cornas" I declared. "It is the blah blah" "you have
the negciant correct but the wine is a Pays d'oc from Langedouc" "This
is what my manager brought me." Now I am starting to get a little
angry, this is where Lord St. Helier would have his head, but he
recovers and realizes this is not an argument that he wants so he
takes the bottle back and brings me the list. Ahh the Aine CdP I think
and order. Manager comes out I am so sorry sir we do not have that
particular wine at the moment . . . so we settle for third choice. It
turns out to be an excellent one
Cellar Pasanau Ceps Nous Priorat 2008 the following is a fair
descriptor ecxcept I would add that the wine initially was a bit green
adn explosive onthe finish but after a few minutes settled down to be
the best part of the dinner. (they mixed up our steaks, but what do
you expect . . .)

"Opaque purple. Initially wild and reduced on the nose but quickly
gained freshness and dark fruit aromas. Juicy yet seamless blackberry
and spicecake flavors are nicely firmed by zesty acidity. Primary in
flavor but supple and broad, with a late note of cracked pepper. This
surprisingly accessible and plush wine finishes with very good
persistence."

90 Points

International Wine Cellar
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 24, 7:55*am, Joseph Coulter > wrote:
> We went out last night to celebrate various things so having a gift
> certificate in hand we went off to Ruth's Chris. I perused the sizable
> list and settled on a Cornas "Very Good Sir" and after a few minutes
> wait the server appeared with a bottle in hand. Bottlle had a bright
> purplish label and was in the shape of a bordeaux "NO this is not good
> " my little brain screamed. I poitely inspected the proffered bottle,
>
> "This is not a Cornas" I declared. *"It is the blah blah" "you have
> the negciant correct but the wine is a Pays d'oc from Langedouc" "This
> is what my manager brought me." Now I am starting to get a little
> angry, this is where Lord St. Helier would have his head, but he
> recovers and realizes this is not an argument that he wants so he
> takes the bottle back and brings me the list. Ahh the Aine CdP I think
> and order. *Manager comes out I am so sorry sir we do not have that
> particular wine at the moment . . . so we settle for third choice. It
> turns out to be an excellent one
> Cellar Pasanau Ceps Nous Priorat 2008 the following is a fair
> descriptor ecxcept I would add that the wine initially was a bit green
> adn explosive onthe finish but after a few minutes settled down to be
> the best part of the dinner. (they mixed up our steaks, but what do
> you expect *. . .)
>
> "Opaque purple. Initially wild and reduced on the nose but quickly
> gained freshness and dark fruit aromas. Juicy yet seamless blackberry
> and spicecake flavors are nicely firmed by zesty acidity. Primary in
> flavor but supple and broad, with a late note of cracked pepper. This
> surprisingly accessible and plush wine finishes with very good
> persistence."
>
> 90 Points
>
> International Wine Cellar

I feel your pain....almost weekly.

NYT: Bottomfeeding from wine lists Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 1 10-12-2008 05:51 PM
Wine cellars jhill999 Wine 5 06-04-2007 06:27 AM
-----------WINE CELLARS------------------- pmorgan Wine 2 02-03-2007 03:08 AM
weird wine lists jcoulter Wine 2 24-10-2005 11:08 AM
online wine lists? [email protected] Wine 2 28-07-2005 03:35 AM