Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 1990 Badia a Coltibuono Sangioveto

I usually just lurk here, but last night had a really delicious bottle of the wine in the subject line, so I thought I'd report. Bought sometime near release and has rested in my 63-degree, Florida "cellar" until now.
Cork came out in two pieces, no crumbles.
Still very youthful in appearance, with just a faint hint of brick.
Open, pleasant fruity-cedary nose.
Fantastic on the palate. Lovely dried cherries, a bit of smoke, nice cedar notes, and some tar, all harmoniously blended. Pleasant degree of Sangiovese acid, smooth tannins, and a very, very long fruit-driven finish. Best bottle of anything I have had in awhile. My only bottle, but what a treat. Easily an A on the Dale (or anybody else's) scale.

Badia a Coltibuono NilsGLindgren Wine 1 30-08-2011 05:51 PM
TN: 1990 Chinon AyTee Wine 1 26-04-2010 03:07 AM
TN: little 1990 Pomerol DaleW Wine 0 21-05-2009 05:40 PM
TN: 1990 Cantemerle DaleW Wine 10 20-09-2006 08:27 AM
Barolos (Mostly 1990) Bill S. Wine 0 14-04-2006 05:52 PM