FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: 1990 Badia a Coltibuono Sangioveto (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/417817-tn-1990-badia-coltibuono.html)

Marc Branch 21-05-2012 02:30 PM

TN: 1990 Badia a Coltibuono Sangioveto

I usually just lurk here, but last night had a really delicious bottle of the wine in the subject line, so I thought I'd report. Bought sometime near release and has rested in my 63-degree, Florida "cellar" until now.
Cork came out in two pieces, no crumbles.
Still very youthful in appearance, with just a faint hint of brick.
Open, pleasant fruity-cedary nose.
Fantastic on the palate. Lovely dried cherries, a bit of smoke, nice cedar notes, and some tar, all harmoniously blended. Pleasant degree of Sangiovese acid, smooth tannins, and a very, very long fruit-driven finish. Best bottle of anything I have had in awhile. My only bottle, but what a treat. Easily an A on the Dale (or anybody else's) scale.