Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '10 Baudry Rosé

With tonight's dinner, we opened a bottle of:

2010 Bernard Baudry Chinon Rosé (12.5% ABV)
nose: light strawberry, stones
palate: lightly fruity, refreshing acidity, light weight

I first had this wine last Spring at the Dressner tasting in Chicago,
but it's even better now than then (and it wowed me last year). It's a
bit softer now, but it's got an overall sense of balance and harmony
that's just beautiful. I plan on drinking my one remaining bottle of it
sooner rather than later.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default '10 Baudry Rosé

On May 7, 7:38*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> With tonight's dinner, we opened a bottle of:
>
> 2010 Bernard Baudry Chinon Rosé (12.5% ABV)
> nose: light strawberry, stones
> palate: lightly fruity, refreshing acidity, light weight
>
> I first had this wine last Spring at the Dressner tasting in Chicago,
> but it's even better now than then (and it wowed me last year). *It's a
> bit softer now, but it's got an overall sense of balance and harmony
> that's just beautiful. *I plan on drinking my one remaining bottle of it
> sooner rather than later.
>
> Mark Lipton

We have been drinking quite a bit of the Terredoro Rose of Anglianico
lately are really enjoying the refreshing taste and ability to meld
with many foods.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 7, 9:38*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> With tonight's dinner, we opened a bottle of:
>
> 2010 Bernard Baudry Chinon Rosé (12.5% ABV)
> nose: light strawberry, stones
> palate: lightly fruity, refreshing acidity, light weight
>
> I first had this wine last Spring at the Dressner tasting in Chicago,
> but it's even better now than then (and it wowed me last year). *It's a
> bit softer now, but it's got an overall sense of balance and harmony
> that's just beautiful. *I plan on drinking my one remaining bottle of it
> sooner rather than later.
>
> Mark Lipton

A personal favorite maker of mine but I haven't bought any in a
while. Thanks for the reminder.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 05/08/2012 03:38 AM, Mark Lipton wrote:
> With tonight's dinner, we opened a bottle of:
>
> 2010 Bernard Baudry Chinon Rosé (12.5% ABV)
> nose: light strawberry, stones
> palate: lightly fruity, refreshing acidity, light weight
>

> I first had this wine last Spring at the Dressner tasting in Chicago,
> but it's even better now than then (and it wowed me last year). It's a
> bit softer now, but it's got an overall sense of balance and harmony
> that's just beautiful. I plan on drinking my one remaining bottle of it
> sooner rather than later.

Drank one of these a few weeks ago, very nice indeed.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 5/10/12 12:57 PM, Emery Davis wrote:

> Drank one of these a few weeks ago, very nice indeed.

Emery,
I don't know how it seems to you locals, but over here it appears
that Bernard & Matthieu Baudry can do no wrong. I thought that their
collection of '09s was just stellar (didn't get a chance to try the
Croix Boissée, though) and I have the bottles to prove it.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 05/10/2012 08:19 PM, Mark Lipton wrote:
> On 5/10/12 12:57 PM, Emery Davis wrote:
>
>> Drank one of these a few weeks ago, very nice indeed.

> Emery,
> I don't know how it seems to you locals, but over here it appears
> that Bernard & Matthieu Baudry can do no wrong. I thought that their
> collection of '09s was just stellar (didn't get a chance to try the
> Croix Boissée, though) and I have the bottles to prove it.

Hi Mark,

Yes, I think they're really in full stride. We also drank a 2009
Domaine only a few days ago, with artichoke and garlic pizza of all
things! But the wine shone through, plenty of depth, great balance and
very clean. We've had some 2009 Granges and 2010 blanc recently also,
both good bottles (the white also works well with pizza). Santiago
can't make his next trip to France fast enough for me, to get me back
down there and restock!

cheers,

-E
Posted to alt.food.wine

Emery Davis > wrote in news:a12mmfF5dvU1
@mid.individual.net:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Yes, I think they're really in full stride. We also drank a 2009
> Domaine only a few days ago, with artichoke and garlic pizza of all
> things!

Red Loires work very fine with pizza chez nous.

But the wine shone through, plenty of depth, great balance and
> very clean. We've had some 2009 Granges and 2010 blanc recently also,
> both good bottles (the white also works well with pizza).

Domaine 2009 and Granges 2009 are the wines to drink now. Granges has a
rustic side that I love, while Domaine 2009 has a polished profile that I
really love (I must go purchase some bottles). Clos Guillot 2009 and Croix
Boissée 2009 both need time, specially Croix Boissée, which I opened one
bottle last week and thought had plenty of structure but was quite tight
right now. No hurry with this. 2009 being a special year for me, I have
purchased quite some Baudry's, including some magnums of Grezeaux (always
the most austere wine on its youth).

Santiago
> can't make his next trip to France fast enough for me, to get me back
> down there and restock!

I'll be in France... on Tuesday afternoon! but will be back in less than 24
hours and will have a pretty tight schedule. Also, this will be the first
year in the last 12 that I will not be going to the Loire in autumn (and I
will miss it!). Instead, it could be that I would be teaching at Paris -
Boulogne in october, and this will allow for a get together, but sure no
re-stocking chez Baudry.

s.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 05/14/2012 12:08 AM, santiago wrote:
> I'll be in France... on Tuesday afternoon! but will be back in less than 24
> hours and will have a pretty tight schedule. Also, this will be the first
> year in the last 12 that I will not be going to the Loire in autumn (and I
> will miss it!). Instead, it could be that I would be teaching at Paris -
> Boulogne in october, and this will allow for a get together, but sure no
> re-stocking chez Baudry.

Yikes! We missed today. But definitely lets plan on getting together
in town in the fall, if that happens.

I will have to plan a trip to Baudry without the impetus you provide...