Old 27-04-2012, 04:29 PM posted to alt.food.wine

Default Sticker shock

On Apr 26, 3:28*pm, Mark Lipton wrote:
On 4/26/12 1:24 PM, Bi!! wrote:

Hi Mark. Much of that was just tongue in cheek....you to will be over
60 some day!! *;-) I was really referring to the classified stuff that
I used to buy in case lots...I had stopped buying first growths a few
years prior when pricing jumped in the 2000 vintage. *I find that many
classified Bordeaux in the "great" vintage years ( and I don't know
what that means anymore since it seems that every other year is the
vintage of the century) need at least 10 years in the cellar for my
tastes but I'm just now drinking Cal Cabs from the mid to late 90's as
well as many Rhone and Bordeaux wines.

Yeah, I figured as much, Bill, but just had to weigh in anyway.
Clearly, the solution is for me to find my way out to Columbus to help
you polish some of those wines lingering in your cellar! ;-) *For the
most part, I agree with you. *More and more I am shying away from the
"great" vintages in favor of the "leaner" years, for reasons of taste,
pricing and life expectancy ;-)

Mark Lipton

--
alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Well, we do have a major university here with a Chemistry department
that has occasional seminars.

Sticker Shock Mark Thorson General Cooking 15 20-09-2012 12:00 AM
Sticker shock Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 6 04-09-2012 06:11 PM
More Sticker Shock No Name General Cooking 36 02-06-2009 04:18 PM
Sticker Shock Space Cowboy Tea 7 28-08-2007 01:59 AM