Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Two 2009 Talbott PN's

Back from Florida but still recouperating and rehabbing from shoulder
surgery I spent the weekend at my farm, smoked a pork shoulder and
opened a couple of bottles of 2009 Talbott pinot noirs from my trip to
Carmel last fall.

2009 Talbott "Logan" Pinot Noir. This is from selected vines in their
Sleepy Hollow vineyard alledgedly. Dark red in color. Spicy nose of
apple pie spice, cloves and black cherry. Smotth and clean on the
palate. Plenty of red cherry, black cherry and blueberry on the
palate. Nice balance and pretty tasty Central Coast PN for just under
$25. "B+"

2009 Talbott "RFT" Pinot Noir from their Diamond T vineyard in Carmel
Valley. Deep ruby red in the glass, more mineral and vanilla on the
nose than the Logan. Black fruits and cola aromas. Smooth and supple
of the palate with plenty of black cherry, blackberry and peppery
notes with firm acidity and strong minerality on the finish. A touch
more oak than I care for but it seemed to resolve after a few minutes
in the glass. "B+"

(2009-11-02) NS-RFC: So, how was it? ChattyCathy General Cooking 95 11-11-2009 05:00 AM
(2009-08-18) NS-RFC: Not *that* again... ChattyCathy General Cooking 52 21-08-2009 05:04 PM
BBQ RULES For 2009 Skindog Barbecue 7 22-06-2009 09:56 PM
(2009-11-05) NS-RFC: You want me to pay HOW MUCH? ChattyCathy General Cooking 9 14-05-2009 12:57 AM
(2009-01-14) NS-RFC: It's never too hot for soup... or is it? ChattyCathy General Cooking 5 15-01-2009 08:15 PM