FoodBanter.com

-   -   [TN] '10 Dog Point Pinot Noir (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/416888-tn-10-dog-point.html)

Mark Lipton[_1_] 06-04-2012 11:50 AM

[TN] '10 Dog Point Pinot Noir

Tonight we went out for dinner at the Hotel D'Urville in Blenheim as we
begin our journey back to the US. With a dinner of duck breasts, we had:

2010 Dog Point Pinot Noir (Marlborough)
nose: initially, sappy with red fruit and a mineral note, later taking
on notes of baking spices
palate: medium bodied, good acidity

Although initially it seemed to be a bit oaky, that quickly blew off to
leave a very attractive Pinot Noir. Painfully young at this point, the
wine showed great promise for the future. The only concern was the 14%
ABV, which showed only as a bit of heaviness.

Mark Lipton