Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '09 Dry Hills Gewurz

Tonight was our next-to-last night in Christchurch, so we went out to
arguably the best restaurant here, The Bodhi Tree. This took on extra
significance as this restaurant is the only Burmese restaurant in New
Zealand and we arrived the day after the landmark elections in Myanmar
(Burma). With an outstanding dinner of shrimp in garlic, seasoned lamb
cubes and a very unusual green papaya salad, we got:

2009 Lawson's Dry Hills Gewurztraminer (14% ABV)
color: golden yellow
nose: lychees and rose water
palate: medium body, off-dry, balanced acidity, powerful fruit

What a marvelous expression of Gewurztraminer this was, and a challenge
to the wines of Alsace. It went beautifully with the food, most
especially the lamb (which had been rubbed with aromatic spices and
served with a delicate mint sauce). In the packed restaurant, virtually
every table had a bottle of wine at it, but ours was the only Gewurz in
evidence. I couldn't have asked for a better wine with dinner, though.

Mark Lipton

[TN] Dr. L, Bojo, Gewurz Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 6 02-11-2008 10:17 PM
TN: Excellent Champagne, plus QbA, Gewurz DaleW Wine 4 18-12-2007 01:27 PM
TN: 2005 Navarro Gewurz Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 1 22-04-2007 08:53 AM
TN: Gewurz from Idaho Dan the Man Wine 4 14-12-2006 07:12 PM
Shoddy Fish Market FOREST HILLS FISHERY 71-64 Austin St. Forest Hills, NY [email protected] General Cooking 8 22-08-2006 11:43 PM