Old 01-04-2012, 12:23 AM posted to alt.food.wine

Default Riedel announce Biodynamic range

Find out more about the Riedel Biodynamic range, and enter a competition
to win the first Riedel Biodynamic here
http://www.winenous.co.uk/wp/archives/3078

Steve

Old 01-04-2012, 12:27 AM posted to alt.food.wine

On 3/31/2012 7:23 PM, Steve Slatcher wrote:
Find out more about the Riedel Biodynamic range, and enter a competition
to win the first Riedel Biodynamic here
http://www.winenous.co.uk/wp/archives/3078

Steve

I'm sorry but I can't see why special glasses are need for biodynamic
wines; possibly because I don't know what is a "biodynamic wine" ?

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:39 AM posted to alt.food.wine

On 01/04/2012 00:27, James Silverton wrote:
On 3/31/2012 7:23 PM, Steve Slatcher wrote:
Find out more about the Riedel Biodynamic range, and enter a competition
to win the first Riedel Biodynamic here
http://www.winenous.co.uk/wp/archives/3078

Steve

I'm sorry but I can't see why special glasses are need for biodynamic
wines; possibly because I don't know what is a "biodynamic wine" ?

I think you are missing the point. The glass is not for biodynamic
wines - it is supposed to improve any wine using biodynamic principles.

(And as you are obviously in another time zone, it is also only fair to
point out that I am around 5 hours ahead of you.)

--
www.winenous.co.uk
Old 01-04-2012, 02:42 AM posted to alt.food.wine

On 3/31/2012 7:39 PM, Steve Slatcher wrote:
On 01/04/2012 00:27, James Silverton wrote:
On 3/31/2012 7:23 PM, Steve Slatcher wrote:
Find out more about the Riedel Biodynamic range, and enter a competition
to win the first Riedel Biodynamic here
http://www.winenous.co.uk/wp/archives/3078

Steve

I'm sorry but I can't see why special glasses are need for biodynamic
wines; possibly because I don't know what is a "biodynamic wine" ?

I think you are missing the point. The glass is not for biodynamic wines
- it is supposed to improve any wine using biodynamic principles.

(And as you are obviously in another time zone, it is also only fair to
point out that I am around 5 hours ahead of you.)

Do tell! How does a glass impart biodynamic principles to wine? Perhaps,
you'd better tell what are biodynamic principles first.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:07 AM posted to alt.food.wine

On Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:42:17 PM UTC-4, James Silverton wrote:
[...]

Jim, did you read link? Poor Steve stayed up past midnight to post.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:26 AM posted to alt.food.wine

"James Silverton" wrote in message
On 3/31/2012 7:39 PM, Steve Slatcher wrote:
On 01/04/2012 00:27, James Silverton wrote:
On 3/31/2012 7:23 PM, Steve Slatcher wrote:
Find out more about the Riedel Biodynamic range, and enter a
competition
to win the first Riedel Biodynamic here
http://www.winenous.co.uk/wp/archives/3078

Steve

I'm sorry but I can't see why special glasses are need for biodynamic
wines; possibly because I don't know what is a "biodynamic wine" ?

I think you are missing the point. The glass is not for biodynamic wines
- it is supposed to improve any wine using biodynamic principles.

(And as you are obviously in another time zone, it is also only fair to
point out that I am around 5 hours ahead of you.)

Do tell! How does a glass impart biodynamic principles to wine? Perhaps,
you'd better tell what are biodynamic principles first.

'Tis all New Age hooh hah. Bluntly put, it's a load of ******** - with
brass knobs!

Old 01-04-2012, 05:28 AM posted to alt.food.wine

"graham" wrote in message

[...]

And it's April 1st!!!

Old 01-04-2012, 07:23 AM posted to alt.food.wine

On 01/04/2012 05:28, graham wrote:
wrote in message

"James wrote in message
[...]

Rumbled! But after my hint about the time zone I think I shall claim 2
victims

James - I presume your questions are rhetorical and cynical, and I agree
completely - even in my April Fool blog post. Happy to discuss this
further though if you want, as I have tried to understand what BD is all
about.

Steve

--
www.winenous.co.uk
Old 01-04-2012, 09:57 AM posted to alt.food.wine

Steve Slatcher wrote:

Rumbled! But after my hint about the time zone I think I shall claim 2
victims

James - I presume your questions are rhetorical and cynical, and I agree
completely - even in my April Fool blog post. Happy to discuss this
further though if you want, as I have tried to understand what BD is all
about.

Well played, Steve! Even though I am many hours ahead of you at the
moment here in Christchurch, I was taken hook, line and sinker. Sad to
say, none of it is beyond the possibility of Georg Riedel's ambitions.

Mark Lipton
Old 01-04-2012, 01:22 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On 4/1/2012 4:57 AM, Mark Lipton wrote:
Steve Slatcher wrote:

Rumbled! But after my hint about the time zone I think I shall claim 2
victims

James - I presume your questions are rhetorical and cynical, and I
agree completely - even in my April Fool blog post. Happy to discuss
this further though if you want, as I have tried to understand what BD
is all about.

Well played, Steve! Even though I am many hours ahead of you at the
moment here in Christchurch, I was taken hook, line and sinker. Sad to
say, none of it is beyond the possibility of Georg Riedel's ambitions.

Mark Lipton

When I first asked my questions I was not being cynical but sceptical,
since it would not have surprised me if Riedel did introduce biodynamic
glasses. However, Steve did warn me and I had forgotten about the
International Time LIne ;-) April Fool me I guess!

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:00 PM posted to alt.food.wine

On Mar 31, 8:07*pm, DaleW wrote:
[...]

Nudge nudge wink wink.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:44 AM posted to alt.food.wine

"James Silverton" wrote in message
| On 4/1/2012 4:57 AM, Mark Lipton wrote:
| Steve Slatcher wrote:
|
| Rumbled! But after my hint about the time zone I think I shall
claim 2
| victims
|
| James - I presume your questions are rhetorical and cynical, and I
| agree completely - even in my April Fool blog post. Happy to
discuss
| this further though if you want, as I have tried to understand what
BD
| is all about.
|
| Well played, Steve! Even though I am many hours ahead of you at the
| moment here in Christchurch, I was taken hook, line and sinker. Sad
| say, none of it is beyond the possibility of Georg Riedel's
ambitions.

| Mark Lipton
|
| When I first asked my questions I was not being cynical but sceptical,
| since it would not have surprised me if Riedel did introduce
biodynamic
| glasses. However, Steve did warn me and I had forgotten about the
| International Time LIne ;-) April Fool me I guess!
|
| --
| Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)
|
| Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

Nice.
As a result Prof Lipton has slipped back in time;
from GMT +13, to a lesser GMT+12. Ouch!

greybeard,
((who is) slightly) further east than the good prof, but in the same
time warp.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:52 AM posted to alt.food.wine

On 04/01/2012 01:23 AM, Steve Slatcher wrote:
Find out more about the Riedel Biodynamic range, and enter a competition
to win the first Riedel Biodynamic here
http://www.winenous.co.uk/wp/archives/3078

Steve

Great post! Struck with precision and credulity...

-E
Old 03-04-2012, 02:27 AM posted to alt.food.wine

"DaleW" wrote in message
news:[email protected]6...
[...]

I rarely open links and, after spendin the evening with friends and imbibing
too much wine*, I just responded to "biodynamic" - a philosophy that is
completely irrational. I then opened the link and realized what a clever
and plausible April Fool's joke it was.
*Marsannay rosť
94 Rauzan Segla

Graham

ANNOUNCE: Chinese Cookbook by Grace Hao [email protected] General Cooking 4 21-04-2014 07:26 PM
ANNOUNCE - Cook-In, Southern Minnesota [email protected] General Cooking 11 04-01-2009 06:52 PM
Biodynamic Wine? Madalch Winemaking 1 27-09-2008 03:07 PM
announce recipe finished Matthew Suffidy Winemaking 1 25-06-2006 11:43 AM
[Announce] French Club of Tea Drinkers ddsnews Tea 0 09-11-2004 07:21 AM