FoodBanter.com

-   -   Riedel announce Biodynamic range (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/416729-riedel-announce-biodynamic-range.html)

Steve Slatcher 01-04-2012 12:23 AM

Riedel announce Biodynamic range

Find out more about the Riedel Biodynamic range, and enter a competition
to win the first Riedel Biodynamic here
http://www.winenous.co.uk/wp/archives/3078

Steve

James Silverton[_3_] 01-04-2012 12:27 AM

On 3/31/2012 7:23 PM, Steve Slatcher wrote:
> Find out more about the Riedel Biodynamic range, and enter a competition
> to win the first Riedel Biodynamic here
> http://www.winenous.co.uk/wp/archives/3078
>
> Steve

I'm sorry but I can't see why special glasses are need for biodynamic
wines; possibly because I don't know what is a "biodynamic wine" ?

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

Steve Slatcher 01-04-2012 12:39 AM

On 01/04/2012 00:27, James Silverton wrote:
> On 3/31/2012 7:23 PM, Steve Slatcher wrote:
>> Find out more about the Riedel Biodynamic range, and enter a competition
>> to win the first Riedel Biodynamic here
>> http://www.winenous.co.uk/wp/archives/3078
>>
>> Steve

> I'm sorry but I can't see why special glasses are need for biodynamic
> wines; possibly because I don't know what is a "biodynamic wine" ?

I think you are missing the point. The glass is not for biodynamic
wines - it is supposed to improve any wine using biodynamic principles.

(And as you are obviously in another time zone, it is also only fair to
point out that I am around 5 hours ahead of you.)

--
www.winenous.co.uk

James Silverton[_3_] 01-04-2012 02:42 AM

On 3/31/2012 7:39 PM, Steve Slatcher wrote:
> On 01/04/2012 00:27, James Silverton wrote:
>> On 3/31/2012 7:23 PM, Steve Slatcher wrote:
>>> Find out more about the Riedel Biodynamic range, and enter a competition
>>> to win the first Riedel Biodynamic here
>>> http://www.winenous.co.uk/wp/archives/3078
>>>
>>> Steve

>> I'm sorry but I can't see why special glasses are need for biodynamic
>> wines; possibly because I don't know what is a "biodynamic wine" ?

> I think you are missing the point. The glass is not for biodynamic wines
> - it is supposed to improve any wine using biodynamic principles.
>
> (And as you are obviously in another time zone, it is also only fair to
> point out that I am around 5 hours ahead of you.)

Do tell! How does a glass impart biodynamic principles to wine? Perhaps,
you'd better tell what are biodynamic principles first.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

DaleW 01-04-2012 03:07 AM

On Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:42:17 PM UTC-4, James Silverton wrote:
> On 3/31/2012 7:39 PM, Steve Slatcher wrote:

> >> I'm sorry but I can't see why special glasses are need for biodynamic
> >> wines; possibly because I don't know what is a "biodynamic wine" ?

> > I think you are missing the point. The glass is not for biodynamic wines
> > - it is supposed to improve any wine using biodynamic principles.
> >
> > (And as you are obviously in another time zone, it is also only fair to
> > point out that I am around 5 hours ahead of you.)
> >

> Do tell! How does a glass impart biodynamic principles to wine? Perhaps,
> you'd better tell what are biodynamic principles first.
>
> --
> Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)
>
> Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

Jim, did you read link? Poor Steve stayed up past midnight to post.

Graham 01-04-2012 05:26 AM

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> On 3/31/2012 7:39 PM, Steve Slatcher wrote:

>>> I'm sorry but I can't see why special glasses are need for biodynamic
>>> wines; possibly because I don't know what is a "biodynamic wine" ?

>> I think you are missing the point. The glass is not for biodynamic wines
>> - it is supposed to improve any wine using biodynamic principles.
>>
>> (And as you are obviously in another time zone, it is also only fair to
>> point out that I am around 5 hours ahead of you.)
>>

> Do tell! How does a glass impart biodynamic principles to wine? Perhaps,
> you'd better tell what are biodynamic principles first.

'Tis all New Age hooh hah. Bluntly put, it's a load of ******** - with
brass knobs!

Graham 01-04-2012 05:28 AM

"graham" > wrote in message

> "James Silverton" > wrote in message

>>> I think you are missing the point. The glass is not for biodynamic wines
>>> - it is supposed to improve any wine using biodynamic principles.
>>>
>>> (And as you are obviously in another time zone, it is also only fair to
>>> point out that I am around 5 hours ahead of you.)
>>>

>> Do tell! How does a glass impart biodynamic principles to wine? Perhaps,
>> you'd better tell what are biodynamic principles first.
>>

> 'Tis all New Age hooh hah. Bluntly put, it's a load of ******** - with
> brass knobs!

And it's April 1st!!!

Steve Slatcher 01-04-2012 07:23 AM

On 01/04/2012 05:28, graham wrote:
> > wrote in message

>>> Do tell! How does a glass impart biodynamic principles to wine? Perhaps,
>>> you'd better tell what are biodynamic principles first.
>>>

>> 'Tis all New Age hooh hah. Bluntly put, it's a load of ******** - with
>> brass knobs!

> And it's April 1st!!!

Rumbled! But after my hint about the time zone I think I shall claim 2
victims :)

James - I presume your questions are rhetorical and cynical, and I agree
completely - even in my April Fool blog post. Happy to discuss this
further though if you want, as I have tried to understand what BD is all
about.

Steve

--
www.winenous.co.uk

Mark Lipton[_1_] 01-04-2012 09:57 AM

Steve Slatcher wrote:

> Rumbled! But after my hint about the time zone I think I shall claim 2
> victims :)
>
> James - I presume your questions are rhetorical and cynical, and I agree
> completely - even in my April Fool blog post. Happy to discuss this
> further though if you want, as I have tried to understand what BD is all
> about.

Well played, Steve! Even though I am many hours ahead of you at the
moment here in Christchurch, I was taken hook, line and sinker. Sad to
say, none of it is beyond the possibility of Georg Riedel's ambitions.

Mark Lipton

James Silverton[_3_] 01-04-2012 01:22 PM

On 4/1/2012 4:57 AM, Mark Lipton wrote:
> Steve Slatcher wrote:
>
>> Rumbled! But after my hint about the time zone I think I shall claim 2
>> victims :)
>>
>> James - I presume your questions are rhetorical and cynical, and I
>> agree completely - even in my April Fool blog post. Happy to discuss
>> this further though if you want, as I have tried to understand what BD
>> is all about.

> Well played, Steve! Even though I am many hours ahead of you at the
> moment here in Christchurch, I was taken hook, line and sinker. Sad to
> say, none of it is beyond the possibility of Georg Riedel's ambitions.
>
> Mark Lipton

When I first asked my questions I was not being cynical but sceptical,
since it would not have surprised me if Riedel did introduce biodynamic
glasses. However, Steve did warn me and I had forgotten about the
International Time LIne ;-) April Fool me I guess!

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

lleichtman 01-04-2012 05:00 PM

On Mar 31, 8:07*pm, DaleW > wrote:
> On Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:42:17 PM UTC-4, James Silverton wrote:

> > > I think you are missing the point. The glass is not for biodynamic wines
> > > - it is supposed to improve any wine using biodynamic principles.

> > > (And as you are obviously in another time zone, it is also only fair to
> > > point out that I am around 5 hours ahead of you.)

> > Do tell! How does a glass impart biodynamic principles to wine? Perhaps,
> > you'd better tell what are biodynamic principles first.

> > --
> > Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

> > Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

> Jim, did you read link? Poor Steve stayed up past midnight to post.

Nudge nudge wink wink.

greybeard[_2_] 02-04-2012 12:44 AM

Riedel announce Biodynamic range

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
| On 4/1/2012 4:57 AM, Mark Lipton wrote:
| > Steve Slatcher wrote:
| >
| >> Rumbled! But after my hint about the time zone I think I shall
claim 2
| >> victims :)
| >>
| >> James - I presume your questions are rhetorical and cynical, and I
| >> agree completely - even in my April Fool blog post. Happy to
discuss
| >> this further though if you want, as I have tried to understand what
BD
| >> is all about.
| >
| > Well played, Steve! Even though I am many hours ahead of you at the
| > moment here in Christchurch, I was taken hook, line and sinker. Sad
| > say, none of it is beyond the possibility of Georg Riedel's
ambitions.

| > Mark Lipton
|
| When I first asked my questions I was not being cynical but sceptical,
| since it would not have surprised me if Riedel did introduce
biodynamic
| glasses. However, Steve did warn me and I had forgotten about the
| International Time LIne ;-) April Fool me I guess!
|
| --
| Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)
|
| Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

Nice.
As a result Prof Lipton has slipped back in time;
from GMT +13, to a lesser GMT+12. Ouch!

greybeard,
((who is) slightly) further east than the good prof, but in the same
time warp.

Emery Davis[_3_] 02-04-2012 08:52 AM

On 04/01/2012 01:23 AM, Steve Slatcher wrote:
> Find out more about the Riedel Biodynamic range, and enter a competition
> to win the first Riedel Biodynamic here
> http://www.winenous.co.uk/wp/archives/3078
>
> Steve

Great post! Struck with precision and credulity... :)

-E

Graham 03-04-2012 02:27 AM

"DaleW" > wrote in message
> On Saturday, March 31, 2012 9:42:17 PM UTC-4, James Silverton wrote:

>> > I think you are missing the point. The glass is not for biodynamic
>> > wines
>> > - it is supposed to improve any wine using biodynamic principles.
>> >
>> > (And as you are obviously in another time zone, it is also only fair to
>> > point out that I am around 5 hours ahead of you.)
>> >

>> Do tell! How does a glass impart biodynamic principles to wine? Perhaps,
>> you'd better tell what are biodynamic principles first.
>>
>> --
>> Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)
>>
>> Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

> Jim, did you read link? Poor Steve stayed up past midnight to post.

I rarely open links and, after spendin the evening with friends and imbibing
too much wine*, I just responded to "biodynamic" - a philosophy that is
completely irrational. I then opened the link and realized what a clever
and plausible April Fool's joke it was.
*Marsannay rosé
94 Rauzan Segla

Graham