FoodBanter.com

-   -   [TN] '10 Wild Earth Rosé (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/416698-tn-10-wild-earth.html)

Mark Lipton[_1_] 30-03-2012 10:16 AM

[TN] '10 Wild Earth Rosé

For our last weekend in Christchurch, tonight I made paella and opened
to go with it:

2010 Wild Earth Rosé (100% Pinot Noir)
nose: strawberries, stony minerality, a hint of alcohol
palate: crisp, firm acidity, vivid fruit

A really nice rosé that rivals the best of what we've had from Europe,
this 12.5% ABV rosé of Pinot Noir is just a lovely wine and terrific
with the paella. When I had it at the winery, it was paired with smoked
salmon and it also did fabulously with that.

Mark Lipton

Dan the Man 31-03-2012 09:23 PM

'10 Wild Earth Rosé

On Mar 30, 5:16*am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> For our last weekend in Christchurch, tonight I made paella and opened
> to go with it:
>
> 2010 Wild Earth Rosé (100% Pinot Noir)
> nose: strawberries, stony minerality, a hint of alcohol
> palate: crisp, firm acidity, vivid fruit
>
> A really nice rosé that rivals the best of what we've had from Europe,
> this 12.5% ABV rosé of Pinot Noir is just a lovely wine and terrific
> with the paella. *When I had it at the winery, it was paired with smoked
> salmon and it also did fabulously with that.
>
> Mark Lipton

Sounds wonderful, but at first glance, I thought the title was "Wild
Irish Rose", a cheap American glug. Time to clean my glasses!

Dan-O