FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: Gamay (not legally Beaujolais), Spatburgunder/PN from Pfalz,Riesling (Saar er I mean Mosel) (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/416138-tn-gamay-not-legally.html)

DaleW 08-03-2012 08:26 PM

TN: Gamay (not legally Beaujolais), Spatburgunder/PN from Pfalz,Riesling (Saar er I mean Mosel)

With an Asian-accented grilled salmon, brown rice with furikake, and baby bok choy in oyster sauce:
2010 St. Urbans-Hof Ockfener Bockstein Kabinett
Grapefruit and peach, 2010 acidity yet with lots of fruit and a somewhat creamy mouthfeel, easy to like but comes across as somewhat simple. B/B-

NV "X" (2010) Lapierre "Raisins Gaulois"
Bright cranberry and red cherry fruit, light bodied but with verve. Fresh and alive. Need more. B+

With pekin breast with a red wine sauce, salad, and mashed parsnips with truffle salt, the 2007 Becker Estate Pinot Noir (Pfalz). Pretty nice little Spatburgunder, I get a little rubbery reductive note at first (screwcap), but it's gone with a few minutes, some distinct forest floor hiding under cherry fruit, lighter styled but quite pleasant. B

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.