Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2004 Albans "Reva" Vineyard Syrah Edna Valley

As stated in an earlier post I decided on Venison reibs braised in
wine yesterday. As my selections at my farm are a bit more limited
than at my residence I rummaged around and found a bottle of 2004
Albans "Reva" Edna Valley Syrah that was no doubt a gift since it was
a single bottle and I don't recall ever buying any Alban wines. The
wine was still dark inky purple almost black and it had a large amount
of sediment clinging to the inside of the bottle almost like paint.
Thick nose of blackberry and blueberry. Medium to heavy bodied, rich
and concentrated on the palate like blackberry brandy. Some black
pepper and beefy notes with a fairly firm yet smooth tannin
structure. I generally do not care for these highly concentrated, low
acid wines but it clicked with the meal. A-
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Dec 12, 11:14*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> As stated in an earlier post I decided on Venison reibs braised in
> wine yesterday. *As my selections at my farm are a bit more limited
> than at my residence I rummaged around and found a bottle of 2004
> Albans "Reva" Edna Valley Syrah that was no doubt a gift since it was
> a single bottle and I don't recall ever buying any Alban wines. *The
> wine was still dark inky purple almost black and it had a large amount
> of sediment clinging to the inside of the bottle almost like paint.
> Thick nose of blackberry and blueberry. *Medium to heavy bodied, rich
> and concentrated on the palate like blackberry brandy. *Some black
> pepper and beefy notes with a fairly firm yet smooth tannin
> structure. *I generally do not care for these highly concentrated, low
> acid wines but it clicked with the meal. A-

That should be venison ribs.