Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] Prolonging summer

Yes, snow is gently falling outside as I write these words, but is it
ever too cold to drink a good rosé? Tonight's light dinner was a
butternut squash soup that I whipped together, and I opened:

2010 Ameztoi Getariako "Rubentis"
nose: strawberries and minerals
palate: spritzy, light and sprightly, bright finish

There is something about this wine that puts me on a hot sand beach with
the sun in my eyes. Nothing wrong with that on a cold December day, though!

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Prolonging summer

On Dec 8, 9:59*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Yes, snow is gently falling outside as I write these words, but is it
> ever too cold to drink a good rosé? *Tonight's light dinner was a
> butternut squash soup that I whipped together, and I opened:
>
> 2010 Ameztoi Getariako "Rubentis"
> nose: strawberries and minerals
> palate: spritzy, light and sprightly, bright finish
>
> There is something about this wine that puts me on a hot sand beach with
> the sun in my eyes. *Nothing wrong with that on a cold December day, though!
>
> Mark Lipton

Ah, makes me long for warmer weather. I still have some leftover
bottles of Il Cantalupo from this past season. Maybe break them out
for Channukah.
Posted to alt.food.wine

yes, the mere fact of cold weather doesn't mean that rose isn't still a versatile match.
I should give the Rubentis another shot. I tried a previous vintage, thought ok but not a buy again, but have seen so many positive notes from those I respect

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 12/9/11 4:16 PM, DaleW wrote:
> yes, the mere fact of cold weather doesn't mean that rose isn't still
> a versatile match. I should give the Rubentis another shot. I tried a
> previous vintage, thought ok but not a buy again, but have seen so
> many positive notes from those I respect

Dale,
Like all the other Getariako Txakolinas that I've had, this wine
comes with a good deal of petillance, which I realize isn't to
everyone's liking. In comparison to the Baudry rosé that we both love,
I'd say that this wine is both lighter and simpler, but possibly more
refreshing as a result.

FWIW, when Jean had a bottle of this back in the Spring, she said "Buy
more!" in a tone that I don't ignore. The two other wines that have
produced such a response in recent memory are the 2008 Pinon Vouvray
Tradition and the 2006 Drouhin Chorey-les-Beaune. Had we been alone,
I'm sure that I would have heard the same thing about the 2006 Overnoy
Pupillin that Florida Jim opened for us in Sonoma. Just FYI.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Dec 8, 11:59*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Yes, snow is gently falling outside as I write these words, but is it
> ever too cold to drink a good rosé? *Tonight's light dinner was a
> butternut squash soup that I whipped together, and I opened:
>
> 2010 Ameztoi Getariako "Rubentis"
> nose: strawberries and minerals
> palate: spritzy, light and sprightly, bright finish
>
> There is something about this wine that puts me on a hot sand beach with
> the sun in my eyes. *Nothing wrong with that on a cold December day, though!
>
> Mark Lipton

I just came in from a four hour perch in a tree stand at 15 degrees
F. I'm not feeling summery...in fact I'm barely feeling at all. I'm
going to braise venison ribs with wine and root veggies and find a
nice sturdy red wine. Maybe the '02 Shafer Relentless.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 12/11/11 10:40 AM, Bi!! wrote:

> I just came in from a four hour perch in a tree stand at 15 degrees
> F. I'm not feeling summery...in fact I'm barely feeling at all. I'm
> going to braise venison ribs with wine and root veggies and find a
> nice sturdy red wine. Maybe the '02 Shafer Relentless.

Well done, Bill. Syrah and Bambi is one of life's great matches.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Dec 12, 3:22*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> On 12/11/11 10:40 AM, Bi!! wrote:
>
> > I just came in from a four hour perch in a tree stand at 15 degrees
> > F. *I'm not feeling summery...in fact I'm barely feeling at all. *I'm
> > going to braise venison ribs with wine and root veggies and find a
> > nice sturdy red wine. *Maybe the '02 Shafer Relentless.

> Well done, Bill. *Syrah and Bambi is one of life's great matches.
>
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Perhaps my favorite food and wine match. what's interesting about the
match is that Syrah, Sirah and Shiraz (Rhone, California, Aussie) all
come from a common grape varietal, they are all quite different in
their flavor profile yet all match well with venison.
Posted to alt.food.wine

In article >,
susan leichtman > wrote:
>On Dec 8, 9:59*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
>> Yes, snow is gently falling outside as I write these words, but is it
>> ever too cold to drink a good rosé? *Tonight's light dinner was a
>> butternut squash soup that I whipped together, and I opened:
>>
>> 2010 Ameztoi Getariako "Rubentis"
>> nose: strawberries and minerals
>> palate: spritzy, light and sprightly, bright finish
>>
>> There is something about this wine that puts me on a hot sand beach with
>> the sun in my eyes. *Nothing wrong with that on a cold December day, though!
>>
>> Mark Lipton

>Ah, makes me long for warmer weather. I still have some leftover
>bottles of Il Cantalupo from this past season. Maybe break them out
>for Channukah.

My favorite Christmas song is Tim Minchin's "White Wine in the Sun". ;-)

--
Please reply to: | No nation is drunken where wine is cheap.
pciszek at panix dot com | --Thomas Jefferson

the summer's here aem General Cooking 1 14-07-2010 07:01 PM
the summer's here news General Cooking 0 14-07-2010 06:07 PM
OT. Yay it's summer at last! Sarah[_1_] General Cooking 8 24-08-2007 08:46 PM