Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Bramaterra and Godello

A long day Thursday- had to testify to a grand jury, then try to catch up at work. Betsy had a late rehearsal and I was in charge of dinner, did bison steaks in a soy marinade, pasta with mushrooms red pepper and onion, and brussel sprouts in duck fat. Wine was the Sella "I Porfidi" Bramaterra (my first ever Bramaterra I believe). *I think this is mostly Nebbiolo, and it shows in glimpses of leather, tar, and violet. But it's not very tannic, quite smooth in texture. Black cherry fruit, but seems to be holding quite a bit in reserve. Light hints of vanillin oak. Nice if restrained wine, drinks well on night 2. I like this now, but I think I'll like a lot more in 5-10 years. B/B+ with lots of upward potential.

With Bittman's one hour bouillabaisse (littlenecks, rock shrimp, scrod, scallops) the 2008 Palacios "As*Sortes" Godello (Valdeorras). Nice white Burg ringer. Vivid lemon fruit accented with just a bit of oak, excellent length, minerals on finish. B+/A-

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C mediocre. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice. Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.
Posted to alt.food.wine

> With Bittman's one hour bouillabaisse (littlenecks, rock shrimp,
> scrod, scallops) the 2008 Palacios "As*Sortes" Godello (Valdeorras).
> Nice white Burg ringer. Vivid lemon fruit accented with just a bit of
> oak, excellent length, minerals on finish. B+/A-

I have not had the 2008, but had the 2009 two weeks ago and it was utterly
delicious A solid A in my book.

[TN] Good Godello Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 0 23-08-2012 06:47 AM
TN: Good god, Godello! DaleW Wine 2 05-08-2009 01:39 PM
[TN] '07 Godello Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 0 22-06-2009 05:45 PM
TN: wines with a runaway hound (SB, SuperT, PN, Godello) DaleW Wine 4 29-08-2008 05:34 PM
TN: Excellent Loire Cab Franc, and a good Godello DaleW Wine 2 03-06-2008 07:46 PM