FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN Chateau Laville Haut-Brion 1989 (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/412061-tn-chateau-laville-haut.html)

cwdjrxyz 20-10-2011 10:20 AM

TN Chateau Laville Haut-Brion 1989

I bought 3 bottle of Chateau Laville Haut-Brion 1989 at auction
shortly after release The production of this wine was small and it was
difficult to find. It is by far the best dry white Bordeaux I have
ever had.

The wine has evolved over the years, but it still is holding up very
well. It has somewhat of a honey comb character with a very complex
mix of floral and herbal character in the background. It has plenty of
extract. There is a hint of oak. The balance is near perfect, and the
finish is long. I had it with Maine lobster. For my taste, it is a
better match with lobster than are most top white Burgundy wines and
Champagne, especially if the lobster has a very rich sauce.

Bi!! 20-10-2011 04:11 PM

On Oct 20, 5:20*am, cwdjrxyz > wrote:
> I bought 3 bottle of Chateau Laville Haut-Brion 1989 at auction
> shortly after release The production of this wine was small and it was
> difficult to find. It is by far the best dry white Bordeaux I have
> ever had.
>
> The wine has evolved over the years, but it still is holding up very
> well. It has somewhat of a honey comb character with a very complex
> mix of floral and herbal character in the background. It has plenty of
> extract. There is a hint of oak. The balance is near perfect, and the
> finish is long. I had it with Maine lobster. For my taste, it is a
> better match with lobster than are most top white Burgundy wines and
> Champagne, especially if the lobster has a very rich sauce.

Thanks for the notes. I have one bottle in my cellar of 1990 Laville
Haut-Brion. I thought I had a 2000 also but can't seem to locate
it...!

DaleW 21-10-2011 05:00 PM

TN Chateau Laville Haut-Brion 1989

thanks, I really love white Bordeaux, though top ones have gotten quite pricey

bayirextracts 29-11-2011 07:57 AM

Botanical Extracts | Spices Extracts | Oleoresins |Tea Extracts | Custom blends
Bayir extracts, a 100% Export Oriented Unit (EOU), blends Ayurvedic expertise with modern manufacturing techniques to produce pharmaceutical grade, Botanical extracts and natural products that are scientifically validated.

The standardization of herbal medicine is a more daunting challenge & Bayir has wide range of Indian and European botanical extracts.

vidyahrbs 29-11-2011 08:21 AM

Vidya Herbs was awarded ISO 9001: 2000 in the year 2004.
Vidya Herbs is proud to offer a full range of 100% natural fruit ingredients for your food, nutritional, nutraceutical, cosmetic, or cosmeceutical application. We continue to create exciting new products to enhance our customers’ product lines with innovative ingredient solutions..Herbal Extract, Herbal Extracts, Green Coffee, Green Coffee Bean Extract, Herbal Extract Manufacturers, Green Coffee Bean Extract manufacturers, in Bangalore, India.