Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2000 Bongiovanni Barolo Pernnano

Grilled Italian sausages last night and opened a bottle of 2000
Bongiovanni Barolo Pernnano. This was my last bottle from a case that
I bought as a clearance item from a distributor so I paid about $30 a
bottle for it. Still quite dark in color with a little lightening at
the rim. I opened and decanted the bottle about an hour before
dinner. Typical Barolo nose of tar, flowers and leather with a fair
amount of black fruits. The wine was fairly assertive on the palate
with a firm tannic grip which softened as it aired. Plenty of spicy
blackberry and currant notes with lots of tar and leather. Good but
not great. "B-"

2000 Elio Grasso Barolo Ginestra "Casa Mate" Bi!! Wine 0 18-11-2013 05:55 PM
82 Cos, 2000 Bin 389, 2000 Gloria, 99 Stellenzicht, 85 Grahams Bill S. Wine 1 21-03-2010 07:06 PM
2000 Carretta Barolo Cannubi Bi!! Wine 1 08-04-2009 04:06 PM
Barolo Richard Neidich Wine 4 15-05-2006 03:48 PM
La Loggia Barolo 2000 Professor Wine 3 02-02-2005 03:45 PM