FoodBanter.com

-   -   Vinocella for iPad (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/411728-vinocella-ipad.html)

Bill O'Meally 09-10-2011 10:42 PM

Vinocella for iPad

We used to use a book to keep track of our wine. It became quite the
mess after numerous erasures and scribbles every time we moved a wine
to another rack to make room. Enter the 21st century! We are looking at
this app for our iPad:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vinoc...2448?mt=8&ls=1

What do other folks on this group use?

Regards,

--
Bill
"Wise Fool" -- Gandalf, _The Two Towers_

Mark Lipton[_1_] 12-10-2011 12:54 AM

Vinocella for iPad

Bill O'Meally wrote:
> We used to use a book to keep track of our wine. It became quite the
> mess after numerous erasures and scribbles every time we moved a wine to
> another rack to make room. Enter the 21st century! We are looking at
> this app for our iPad:
>
> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vinoc...2448?mt=8&ls=1

Bill,
I and several others here use the Cellartracker web-based management
system found (logically enough) at http://www.cellartracker.com. It was
created by Eric Levine, and ex-Microsoft employee, and uses "cloud
computing" to maintain a very large community database of wines. It's
simple to use and convenient. Eric asks for voluntary contributions
from CT users, but it's effectively freeware.

Mark Lipton

Bill O'Meally 12-10-2011 12:58 AM

Vinocella for iPad

On 2011-10-11 18:54:56 -0500, Mark Lipton said:

> Bill O'Meally wrote:
>> We used to use a book to keep track of our wine. It became quite the
>> mess after numerous erasures and scribbles every time we moved a wine
>> to another rack to make room. Enter the 21st century! We are looking at
>> this app for our iPad:
>>
>> http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vinoc...2448?mt=8&ls=1

> Bill,
> I and several others here use the Cellartracker web-based
> management system found (logically enough) at
> http://www.cellartracker.com. It was created by Eric Levine, and
> ex-Microsoft employee, and uses "cloud computing" to maintain a very
> large community database of wines. It's simple to use and convenient.
> Eric asks for voluntary contributions from CT users, but it's
> effectively freeware.

Thanks Mark.

Doug Anderson 12-10-2011 02:50 AM

Vinocella for iPad

Mark Lipton > writes:

> Bill O'Meally wrote:
> > We used to use a book to keep track of our wine. It became quite the
> > mess after numerous erasures and scribbles every time we moved a
> > wine to another rack to make room. Enter the 21st century! We are
> > looking at this app for our iPad:
> > http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vinoc...2448?mt=8&ls=1

> Bill,
> I and several others here use the Cellartracker web-based
> management system found (logically enough) at
> http://www.cellartracker.com. It was created by Eric Levine, and
> ex-Microsoft employee, and uses "cloud computing" to maintain a very
> large community database of wines. It's simple to use and convenient.
> Eric asks for voluntary contributions from CT users, but it's
> effectively freeware.

Also, there is a very nice associated iPad app (CellarVU).