Old 10-10-2011, 07:56 AM posted to alt.food.wine

Default Edamame

On Oct 9, 2:51*pm, NilsGLindgren wrote:
On 9 Okt, 03:06, James Silverton
wrote:

On 10/8/2011 6:32 PM, NilsGLindgren wrote:

On Oct 8, 4:54 am, *wrote:
On Oct 7, 4:14 pm, *wrote:

Tried an Alsace Pinot Gris, Dirler Bux 2008, but while it is not bad,
it certainly is not the bee's knees.

BTW, do bees have knees? I mean they do ahve legs (6 of them, even),
but KNEES?

Seehttp://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/the-bees-knees.htmlfor
information about the phrase "bees knees". I doubt if the name knee is
used for describing a bee's anatomy, but they do have pollen sacs on
their legs. I associate the phrase mostly with the US 1920s when the
Charleston dance might be associated with the phrase. I have not heard
anyone use the phrase in the last few decades.

OK so it was not the cat's pyamas, then. Tonight I tried a beer (Kirin
Ichiban) and an Amontillado - they were better (particularly the
Amontillado), still not perfect.

As I said, I like Scotch on the Rocks with Edamame in pods. Removing the
beans with your teeth really beats having them already shelled. Frozen
Edamame in pods are readily available and a small bowlful can be
defrosted in 30-40 seconds in the microwave if you are eating them at home.
--

James Silverton, Potomac

I'm *not*

That's how I do them. But I don't drink hard liquor (very often).
About three times a year ...

Made a new attempt with the Amontillado, this time without a previous
beer. Yes, this is it, or, at least, this is one solution.
Thank you for taking an interest!
Cheers
Nils

Old 29-05-2012, 01:08 AM posted to alt.food.wine

In article
,
NilsGLindgren wrote:

Hello
What to drink with edamame? You know, green soy beans, with a little
salt, slightly warm. We tried a 1998 Chablis which had an ever so
slight sniff of oxidisation - it went very well with the rest of the
meal which was heavily into the Japanese - but not the edamame. Xina
does not like sake (the kinds we get in Sweden are not particularly
interesting). Any ideas?

*
Room-temperature sake. I would select a Shikoku product.

You can't go wrong with Tsukasabotan.

earle
*
Old 29-05-2012, 01:46 AM posted to alt.food.wine

On 5/28/2012 8:08 PM, Earle Jones wrote:
In article
,
wrote:

Hello
What to drink with edamame? You know, green soy beans, with a little
salt, slightly warm. We tried a 1998 Chablis which had an ever so
slight sniff of oxidisation - it went very well with the rest of the
meal which was heavily into the Japanese - but not the edamame. Xina
does not like sake (the kinds we get in Sweden are not particularly
interesting). Any ideas?

*
Room-temperature sake. I would select a Shikoku product.

You can't go wrong with Tsukasabotan.

earle
*

Strangely enough, Scotch on the Rocks goes rather well too but I'd not
think of having wine unless ice-cold Sake counts.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not" in Reply To.

Edamame James Silverton[_4_] Sushi 8 21-04-2009 07:26 PM
Edamame: shelled or not? Was Edamame: Hot or Cold? sf[_9_] General Cooking 6 17-04-2009 02:19 PM
Edamame: Hot or Cold? Arri London General Cooking 1 16-04-2009 01:21 PM
Edamame: Hot or Cold? Curt Nelson[_3_] General Cooking 1 15-04-2009 08:31 PM
Edamame raymond[_2_] General Cooking 6 09-08-2007 02:12 AM