Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2008 Ramey Hyde Vineyard Chardonnay

I became a fan of Ramey Chardonnay's many years ago when I was in the
distribution business and we distributed his wines. David Ramey is an
incredibly interesting winemaker and it's fun to chat with him on many
levels. His love of Burgundy is evident in his wines and there is no
mistaking the "Old World" balance and approach to winemaking that he
employs. Last night with Chicken and Dumplings we opened a bottle of
2008 Ramey "Hyde Vineyard" Chardonnay. The wine is a light straw
yellow in the glass. Vibrant nose of apples and hazelnuts with a
whiff of citrus. Medium weight and well balanced on the palate with
rich fruit flavors offset with a fine minerality and a finish of
bright citrus acidity. Good match with the food. "A-"
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 26, 9:15*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> I became a fan of Ramey Chardonnay's many years ago when I was in the
> distribution business and we distributed his wines. *David Ramey is an
> incredibly interesting winemaker and it's fun to chat with him on many
> levels. *His love of Burgundy is evident in his wines and there is no
> mistaking the "Old World" balance and approach to winemaking that he
> employs. *Last night with Chicken and Dumplings we opened a bottle of
> 2008 Ramey "Hyde Vineyard" Chardonnay. *The wine is a light straw
> yellow in the glass. *Vibrant nose of apples and hazelnuts with a
> whiff of citrus. *Medium weight and well balanced on the palate with
> rich fruit flavors offset with a fine minerality and a finish of
> bright citrus acidity. *Good match with the food. *"A-"

Had the Hyde, Hudson, and Ritchie at the Grand tasting for the Santa
Fe Wine and Chile Fiesta. The Hyde was certainly the best of the 2008
Chardonnays they produce. There clarets are amazing as well but all
very pricey.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 26, 11:58*am, susan leichtman > wrote:
> On Sep 26, 9:15*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
>
> > I became a fan of Ramey Chardonnay's many years ago when I was in the
> > distribution business and we distributed his wines. *David Ramey is an
> > incredibly interesting winemaker and it's fun to chat with him on many
> > levels. *His love of Burgundy is evident in his wines and there is no
> > mistaking the "Old World" balance and approach to winemaking that he
> > employs. *Last night with Chicken and Dumplings we opened a bottle of
> > 2008 Ramey "Hyde Vineyard" Chardonnay. *The wine is a light straw
> > yellow in the glass. *Vibrant nose of apples and hazelnuts with a
> > whiff of citrus. *Medium weight and well balanced on the palate with
> > rich fruit flavors offset with a fine minerality and a finish of
> > bright citrus acidity. *Good match with the food. *"A-"

> Had the Hyde, Hudson, and Ritchie at the Grand tasting for the Santa
> Fe Wine and Chile Fiesta. The Hyde was certainly the best of the 2008
> Chardonnays they produce. There clarets are amazing as well but all
> very pricey.

The Claret sells for about $30-$35. The Annum sells for about $75
which is one of their top reds.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 27, 8:11*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> On Sep 26, 11:58*am, susan leichtman > wrote:
>

> > On Sep 26, 9:15*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:

> > > I became a fan of Ramey Chardonnay's many years ago when I was in the
> > > distribution business and we distributed his wines. *David Ramey is an
> > > incredibly interesting winemaker and it's fun to chat with him on many
> > > levels. *His love of Burgundy is evident in his wines and there is no
> > > mistaking the "Old World" balance and approach to winemaking that he
> > > employs. *Last night with Chicken and Dumplings we opened a bottle of
> > > 2008 Ramey "Hyde Vineyard" Chardonnay. *The wine is a light straw
> > > yellow in the glass. *Vibrant nose of apples and hazelnuts with a
> > > whiff of citrus. *Medium weight and well balanced on the palate with
> > > rich fruit flavors offset with a fine minerality and a finish of
> > > bright citrus acidity. *Good match with the food. *"A-"

> > Had the Hyde, Hudson, and Ritchie at the Grand tasting for the Santa
> > Fe Wine and Chile Fiesta. The Hyde was certainly the best of the 2008
> > Chardonnays they produce. There clarets are amazing as well but all
> > very pricey.

> The Claret sells for about $30-$35. *The Annum sells for about $75
> which is one of their top reds.

Sorry, I was including all of their reds in the claret category which
is quite incorrect. The cabernets are quite good.

Ramey Chardonnay Russian River and Georges Reynaud Crozes Hermitage Michael Nielsen[_4_] Wine 3 05-04-2015 08:39 PM
2002 Patz & Hall Hyde Vineyard Pinot Noir lleichtman Wine 0 13-07-2011 04:11 PM
2008 Melville Chardonnay Bi!! Wine 2 28-11-2010 04:07 PM
TN: Luli Santa Lucia Highlands 2008 Chardonnay Godzilla Wine 0 04-06-2010 07:40 PM
2000 Patz and Hall Hyde Vineyard PN Bi!! Wine 0 20-06-2007 12:51 AM