FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: The Ghost of Paul Draper? (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/410938-tn-ghost-paul-draper.html)

Ed Rasimus 11-09-2011 04:39 PM

TN: The Ghost of Paul Draper?

I've long loved huge saturated zinfandels in the classic Paul Draper
style at Ridge from the 1990s. Haven't seen many lately and dropped
out of the Ridge Zin-List a couple of years ago when the wines got
flaccid.

Last night I pulled the cork on my recent arrival from Calcareous
Vineyards club. They are in Paso Robles and they produce a range of
incredibly consistent varietals.

Their 2008 Paso Robles Zinfandel was Draper redux! I haven't tasted
that level of black pepper in a zin in years. Loads of dark fruits,
spice from front to back and an unctuous mouthfeel that makes you want
more.

Sipping with Longhorn football through the evening and seeing another
McCoy at quarterback made the perfect evening.