Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '08 Drouhin Chablis

Tonight's dinner was a roast of fresh halibut, green beans and Chinese
eggplant. With the fish, I opened:

2008 Drouhin-Vaudon Chablis
nose: tart green apples, lemons, crushed stones
palate: fairly broad, medium bodied, good acidity, plenty of fruit

With fears of PremOx dominating my purchase strategies of the past 5-6
years, I've been buying more village-level Chablis when buying Chablis
at all. This bottle, from the excellent '08 vintage, was all that I
could have hoped for, especially as it warmed to cellar temperature or
thereabouts. If it lacked a bit of the verve and tension that I've found
in the best Chablis, I need only remind myself that this is a
village-level bottling ;-)

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default '08 Drouhin Chablis

On Sep 4, 6:02*am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> Tonight's dinner was a roast of fresh halibut, green beans and Chinese
> eggplant. *With the fish, I opened:
>
> 2008 Drouhin-Vaudon Chablis
> nose: tart green apples, lemons, crushed stones
> palate: fairly broad, medium bodied, good acidity, plenty of fruit
>
> With fears of PremOx dominating my purchase strategies of the past 5-6
> years, I've been buying more village-level Chablis when buying Chablis
> at all. *This bottle, from the excellent '08 vintage, was all that I
> could have hoped for, especially as it warmed to cellar temperature or
> thereabouts. If it lacked a bit of the verve and tension that I've found
> in the best Chablis, I need only remind myself that this is a
> village-level bottling ;-)
>
> Mark Lipton

We have had a fair exposure to PremOx, particularly with the Volnay
from Poulleau. Very disappointing. THey have started out quite
promising but, the 2001s which should be drinking very well now have
been madeirised to an unpalatable degree. Did not notice this trait in
the wines for early drinking, mainly Chorey-lès-Beaune.
On the other hand, the Pommards from (defunct domaine) Launay are now
coming into their own after a ten year wait ... cellaring Bourgogne is
good for discipline and a philosophical view on life ...

TN: Mostly Mouches, all Drouhin, in NYC DaleW Wine 6 05-09-2014 03:46 PM
2000 Drouhin Chablis Premier Cru Jcoulter Wine 0 10-05-2014 12:22 AM
TN: Keller and Drouhin DaleW Wine 2 04-03-2009 06:50 AM
TN: '98 Drouhin Vougeot Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 7 30-10-2007 10:51 PM
Drouhin 01 St Veran jcoulter Wine 0 11-04-2004 03:04 AM