FoodBanter.com

-   -   2002 Shafer Relentless (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/410404-2002-shafer-relentless.html)

Bi!! 23-08-2011 03:49 PM

2002 Shafer Relentless

I opned a bottle of 2002 Shafer Relentless last night with grilled
ribeye steaks, fresh sweet corn and sliced tomato. Relentless is an
80/20 blend of Syrah and Petite Syrah. Year in and year out I believe
that Shafer produces perhaps the most consistnat wines in the Napa
Valley. The wine was inky black in the glass showing virtually no
age. Effusive nose of blueberry, blackberry, black pepper, and tar.
Full bodied on the palate yet smooth and seamless. Flavors of crushed
fresh blackberry and blueberries. Firm but supple tannins, a floral
note on the finish. "A"

Ed Rasimus 24-08-2011 04:12 PM

2002 Shafer Relentless

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 07:49:47 -0700 (PDT), "Bi!!" >
wrote:

>I opned a bottle of 2002 Shafer Relentless last night with grilled
>ribeye steaks, fresh sweet corn and sliced tomato. Relentless is an
>80/20 blend of Syrah and Petite Syrah. Year in and year out I believe
>that Shafer produces perhaps the most consistnat wines in the Napa
>Valley. The wine was inky black in the glass showing virtually no
>age. Effusive nose of blueberry, blackberry, black pepper, and tar.
>Full bodied on the palate yet smooth and seamless. Flavors of crushed
>fresh blackberry and blueberries. Firm but supple tannins, a floral
>note on the finish. "A"

I encountered Shafer Relentless about six weeks ago during my Dallas
Bacchanal week-end. Dinner at Charlie Palmer's at the Joule. I now
have a half-dozen 2007 in the cache for future enjoyment.

It's good to see the reinforcing opinion of my estimation of the wine.