Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Jordan Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 1978

The Jordan Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 1978 has been properly
stored by me since shortly after release, and there were no cork or
other issues.

This wine is still fairly deep colored and is holding very well. There
are still some tannins that are somewhat more dry than for many older
Napa Valley CSs, for example.There is fairly intense dark fruit,
mainly cassis. There also is considerable herbal character that adds
to the complexity. Considering all of this, the wine would be very
good. However there also is a fairly intense bell pepper character
that ruins the wine for me, as I do not like more than a very small
amount of bell pepper taste and smell in a wine, although I can enjoy
bell peppers served as food. Others may like this wine much better
than I do if they do not mind much more than a hint of bell pepper.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Aug 11, 1:27*pm, cwdjrxyz > wrote:
> The Jordan Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 1978 has been properly
> stored by me since shortly after release, and there were no cork or
> other issues.
>
> This wine is still fairly deep colored and is holding very well. There
> are still some tannins that are somewhat more dry than for many older
> Napa Valley CSs, for example.There is fairly intense dark fruit,
> mainly cassis. There also is considerable herbal character that adds
> to the complexity. Considering all of this, the wine would be very
> good. However there also is a fairly intense bell pepper character
> that ruins the wine for me, as I do not like more than a very small
> amount of bell pepper taste and smell in a wine, although I can enjoy
> bell peppers served as food. Others may like this wine much better
> than I do if they do not mind much more than a hint of bell pepper.

Bell pepper seemed to rule the day in the 78's and ruined them for me.
Just drank up the last of the 78's last year.