Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Wachenheimer Rechbachel Riesling Auslese 1976, Dr. Burklin-Wolf

This bottle of Wachenheimer Rechbachel Riesling Auslese 1976, Dr.
Burklin-Wolf , has been properly stored by me since shortly after
release. The fill was very high, and there were no cork or other
issues.
The color is now bright gold. There is only moderate old Reisling
petrol character. Although very sweet and rich there is plenty of
acidity to balance. The fruit is not as tropical as that for some 1976
auslesen, but rather it reminds me more of temperate fruit such as
peaches and apricots. Besides the high sugar content, the wine has a
very full body with a complex mixture of minerals as well as honey and
floral hints. This auslese could easily pass for a BA in a blind
tasting. The finish is very long. It is among the better of the 1976
German auslesen, and it is holding very well.I forgot to record the AP
number before I discarded the bottle. However, if there are bottles
with a different AP number, it seems unlikely that any of them would
be much better.