Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Fruitiness and blending

Should one expect a more blended wine to taste less fruity and a less
blended wine to taste more fruity?
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Mon, 25 Jul 2011 17:04:19 -0700 (PDT), aesthete8 >
wrote:

> Should one expect a more blended wine to taste less fruity and a less
> blended wine to taste more fruity?

No. It depends entirely on the grapes that went into each of the two
different wines.

--
Ken Blake
Posted to alt.food.wine

In message
ups.com>
aesthete8 > wrote:

> Should one expect a more blended wine to taste less fruity and a less
> blended wine to taste more fruity?

Not necessarily but, when you find it, it will not be because one wine
is blended and another is not — in broad terms it will depend on grape
varieties, vintages and how the wines are vinified rather than on
whether they are blended. For example Cabernet Franc is normally less
”fruity• if I understand you use of that word correctly than Merlot
but when it is blended with Merlot the result,usually, gives more
immediate fruit on the palate.

Tim Hartley

"Eyrie wines have always been exemplars of finesse and nuance ratherthan inky-dark power, bullying fruitiness and heavy-handed oakiness." [email protected] Wine 0 13-04-2008 12:09 PM
TEA BLENDING magicleaf Tea 14 22-06-2007 01:53 PM
Scharffenberger fruitiness Eddie Grove Chocolate 1 08-12-2005 03:32 AM
Blending glad heart Winemaking 16 06-11-2003 07:36 AM
Blending glad heart Winemaking 2 26-10-2003 04:06 PM