Posted to alt.food.wine

Default World's Oldest Home Wine, Olive Oil and Beer (and perfume) making shop

On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 22:38:51 +0200, Mike Tommasi >
wrote:

>Provençal, not Provençoise, and it is not spoken in Nice, which is not
>part of Provence nor was it ever (it was part of Italy, Garibaldi was
>born there,

I have long told people that the Cote d'Azur was really Italy, no one
believes me. Didn't know about Garibald. It is i interesting to think
that the man who is reviled equally by Northern and Southern Italians,
uniting them in effect, had his Italian heritage sold out from under
him. Sort of fitting in an odd way.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Joseph Coulter wrote:

> I have long told people that the Cote d'Azur was really Italy, no one
> believes me. Didn't know about Garibald. It is i interesting to think
> that the man who is reviled equally by Northern and Southern Italians,
> uniting them in effect, had his Italian heritage sold out from under
> him. Sort of fitting in an odd way.

Garibaldi didn't unite Italy, he divided Africa.
--
ViLco
Let the liquor do the thinking