Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Corkage Fees

Most good restaurants derive a good bit of their revenue from wine sales
and therefore charge a corkage fee for those customers who bring their
own wine.

One waiter told me that their corkage fee was $15. He also said that
there was no corkage fee if the customer brought a screw-top bottle.

But there is a $15 screwage fee.

earle
*
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 6/1/2011 2:03 PM, Earle Jones wrote:
> Most good restaurants derive a good bit of their revenue from wine sales
> and therefore charge a corkage fee for those customers who bring their
> own wine.
>
> One waiter told me that their corkage fee was $15. He also said that
> there was no corkage fee if the customer brought a screw-top bottle.
>
> But there is a $15 screwage fee.
>
> earle
> *

Sounds like a very appropriate name!

--

James Silverton, Potomac

I'm *not*
Posted to alt.food.wine

W dniu 2011-06-01 20:03, Earle Jones pisze:
> Most good restaurants derive a good bit of their revenue from wine sales
> and therefore charge a corkage fee for those customers who bring their
> own wine.

I wish our restaurants did the same. I asked once in a very high profile
restaurant here about a corkage fee, as I wanted a fine Bordeaux
accompanying the dinner for my family with no success. They never ever
heard of such a thing and insisted that "nowhere in the world" people
can bring their own alcohol to the restaurant. Well, sad.

--
Mateusz Papiernik
, http://www.maticomp.net
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Earle Jones" > skrev i melding
> Most good restaurants derive a good bit of their revenue from wine sales
> and therefore charge a corkage fee for those customers who bring their
> own wine.
>
> One waiter told me that their corkage fee was $15. He also said that
> there was no corkage fee if the customer brought a screw-top bottle.
>
> But there is a $15 screwage fee.
>
> earle
> *

Fine joke. But - you'll have to consider the cost to the restaurant of
having glasses, setting the table, clearing it and washing up afterwards.
15$ then means 3$ per glass...
Anders.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 1, 12:03*pm, Earle Jones > wrote:
> Most good restaurants derive a good bit of their revenue from wine sales
> and therefore charge a corkage fee for those customers who bring their
> own wine.
>
> One waiter told me that their corkage fee was $15. *He also said that
> there was no corkage fee if the customer brought a screw-top bottle.
>
> But there is a $15 screwage fee.
>
> earle
> *

I would gladly pay a corkage fee but it isn't allowed in the New
Mexico so I'm stuck with whatever is on the wine list and often at 3
times retail not wholesale.

Posted to alt.food.wine

"lleichtman" wrote in message .....

>>On Jun 1, 12:03 pm, Earle Jones wrote:
>> Most good restaurants derive a good bit of their revenue from wine sales
>> and therefore charge a corkage fee for those customers who bring their
>> own wine.
>>
>> One waiter told me that their corkage fee was $15. He also said that
>> there was no corkage fee if the customer brought a screw-top bottle.
>>
>> But there is a $15 screwage fee.

> I would gladly pay a corkage fee but it isn't allowed in the New
> Mexico so I'm stuck with whatever is on the wine list and often at 3
> times retail not wholesale.

???? Larry, I am confused???
What do you mean "it isn't allowed"
Are you saying that there is a law against BYO restaurants in New Mexico?
Therefore, if I decided to open a restaurant in Albuquerque, some lawmaker
could dictate whether or not I could let my customers bring their own wine
while I reserve the right to charge a corkage fee???
And I thought that the USA was the home of free-enterprise!!!!!

--

st.helier
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 2, 5:49*am, "st.helier" > wrote:
> "lleichtman" wrote in message .....
> >>On Jun 1, 12:03 pm, Earle Jones wrote:
> >> Most good restaurants derive a good bit of their revenue from wine sales
> >> and therefore charge a corkage fee for those customers who bring their
> >> own wine.

> >> One waiter told me that their corkage fee was $15. He also said that
> >> there was no corkage fee if the customer brought a screw-top bottle.

> >> But there is a $15 screwage fee.

> > I would gladly pay a corkage fee but it isn't allowed in the New
> > Mexico so I'm stuck with whatever is on the wine list and often at 3
> > times retail not wholesale.

> ???? Larry, I am confused???
> What do you mean "it isn't allowed"
> Are you saying that there is a law against BYO restaurants in New Mexico?
> Therefore, if I decided to open a restaurant in Albuquerque, some lawmaker
> could dictate whether or not I could let my customers bring their own wine
> while I reserve the right to charge a corkage fee???
> And I thought that the USA was the home of free-enterprise!!!!!
>
> --
>
> st.helier

Yep, State law prevents bringing your own bottle to a restaurant.
Don't know why. I can't get any rational explanation. It protects
restaurants but allows them to charge ridiculous prices. You can,
however, walk out of the restaurant with an open bottle you bought!!
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 6/2/11 7:49 AM, st.helier wrote:

> ???? Larry, I am confused???
> What do you mean "it isn't allowed"
> Are you saying that there is a law against BYO restaurants in New Mexico?
> Therefore, if I decided to open a restaurant in Albuquerque, some lawmaker
> could dictate whether or not I could let my customers bring their own wine
> while I reserve the right to charge a corkage fee???

'Tis true, mi-ex-lud. Our Byzantine alcohol legislation, which operates
on a state-by-state basis courtesy of the 21st Amendment (the repeal of
Prohibition), does in certain states -- including my own -- forbid the
consumption of alcohol in restaurants unless said alcohol was sold by
the restaurant itself. This is done in the guise of liquor licenses,
which are required before any establishment can legally sell alcohol.
Got it now? ;-)

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 07:21:14 -0700 (PDT), lleichtman
> wrote:

>> > I would gladly pay a corkage fee but it isn't allowed in the New
>> > Mexico so I'm stuck with whatever is on the wine list and often at 3
>> > times retail not wholesale.

>> ???? Larry, I am confused???
>> What do you mean "it isn't allowed"
>> Are you saying that there is a law against BYO restaurants in New Mexico?
>> Therefore, if I decided to open a restaurant in Albuquerque, some lawmaker
>> could dictate whether or not I could let my customers bring their own wine
>> while I reserve the right to charge a corkage fee???
>> And I thought that the USA was the home of free-enterprise!!!!!
>>
>> --
>>
>> st.helier

>Yep, State law prevents bringing your own bottle to a restaurant.
>Don't know why. I can't get any rational explanation. It protects
>restaurants but allows them to charge ridiculous prices. You can,
>however, walk out of the restaurant with an open bottle you bought!!

Alcohol laws remain largely state-by-state, which can be very good or
very bad, depending upon the state. Over the last fifty years the
trend has been favorable and each election more areas go "wet" and
there is better availability.

As I recall, when I lived in NM (long ago, galaxy far away), you could
"brown-bag" beer and wine if a restaurant did not have a liquor
license. If they did, however, then you had to buy their offerings.
There also were beer/wine licenses and full-service licenses.

Total licenses for the state were fixed in number, so to open a new
facility with a license you had to find a license holder willing to
sell his license. Made for a very lucrative market and often the
license was worth multiple times what the entire business was worth.

Worst state I ever lived in for alcohol laws was Alabama, but that was
thirty five years ago. Colorado was excellent except for no beer sales
in grocery stores on Sunday before noon. Texas is rapidly reaching
into the 20th century with few dry counties remaining and even Dallas
expanding the wet precincts last election.

Federalism reigns and I still like it better than having the feds
involved.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 6/2/11 11:27 AM, Ed Rasimus wrote:

> Worst state I ever lived in for alcohol laws was Alabama, but that was
> thirty five years ago. Colorado was excellent except for no beer sales
> in grocery stores on Sunday before noon. Texas is rapidly reaching
> into the 20th century with few dry counties remaining and even Dallas
> expanding the wet precincts last election.

Alcohol laws in the Bible Belt have traditionally been quite...er...
interesting. The worst I can recall was found in Oklahoma and later in
Utah, where there were no bars, only "clubs." In the "club," you'd pay
for membership for a small fee, which would then entitle you to a locker
and a glass. You were then free to purchase a BOTTLE of liquor at the
bar, pour it into your own glass and consume it on the premises. The
locker was for storing your opened bottle of liquor.

How this system was supposed to reduce alcohol consumption is beyond me,
since it encourages consumption by the bottle!

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 2, 9:27*am, Ed Rasimus > wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 07:21:14 -0700 (PDT), lleichtman
>

> > wrote:

> >> ???? Larry, I am confused???
> >> What do you mean "it isn't allowed"
> >> Are you saying that there is a law against BYO restaurants in New Mexico?
> >> Therefore, if I decided to open a restaurant in Albuquerque, some lawmaker
> >> could dictate whether or not I could let my customers bring their own wine
> >> while I reserve the right to charge a corkage fee???
> >> And I thought that the USA was the home of free-enterprise!!!!!

> >> --

> >> st.helier

> >Yep, State law prevents bringing your own bottle to a restaurant.
> >Don't know why. I can't get any rational explanation. It protects
> >restaurants but allows them to charge ridiculous prices. You can,
> >however, walk out of the restaurant with an open bottle you bought!!

> Alcohol laws remain largely state-by-state, which can be very good or
> very bad, depending upon the state. Over the last fifty years the
> trend has been favorable and each election more areas go "wet" and
> there is better availability.
>
> As I recall, when I lived in NM (long ago, galaxy far away), you could
> "brown-bag" beer and wine if a restaurant did not have a liquor
> license. If they did, however, then you had to buy their offerings.
> There also were beer/wine licenses and full-service licenses.
>
> Total licenses for the state were fixed in number, so to open a new
> facility with a license you had to find a license holder willing to
> sell his license. Made for a very lucrative market and often the
> license was worth multiple times what the entire business was worth.
>
> Worst state I ever lived in for alcohol laws was Alabama, but that was
> thirty five years ago. Colorado was excellent except for no beer sales
> in grocery stores on Sunday before noon. Texas is rapidly reaching
> into the 20th century with few dry counties remaining and even Dallas
> expanding the wet precincts last election.
>
> Federalism reigns and I still like it better than having the feds
> involved.

You can no longer brown bag beer or wine to any restaurant liquor
license or not.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 2, 10:00*am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> On 6/2/11 11:27 AM, Ed Rasimus wrote:
>
> > Worst state I ever lived in for alcohol laws was Alabama, but that was
> > thirty five years ago. Colorado was excellent except for no beer sales
> > in grocery stores on Sunday before noon. Texas is rapidly reaching
> > into the 20th century with few dry counties remaining and even Dallas
> > expanding the wet precincts last election.

> Alcohol laws in the Bible Belt have traditionally been quite...er...
> interesting. *The worst I can recall was found in Oklahoma and later in
> Utah, where there were no bars, only "clubs." *In the "club," you'd pay
> for membership for a small fee, which would then entitle you to a locker
> and a glass. *You were then free to purchase a BOTTLE of liquor at the
> bar, pour it into your own glass and consume it on the premises. *The
> locker was for storing your opened bottle of liquor.
>
> How this system was supposed to reduce alcohol consumption is beyond me,
> since it encourages consumption by the bottle!
>
> Mark Lipton
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Texas had this even when I was in college. The bars would sell you
mixers and a glass and you would bring your own liquor that was kept
on the premises with your name on it. In Lubbock, the whole county was
dry when I was in med school. So you would drive to the county line to
buy your liquor, etc. then consume it in the parking lot and drive
back. Many fatal wrecks on that road so Lubbock decided to go all the
way so now you can buy beer and wine in the grocery stores. Lubbock
had more churches than people.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 12:00:27 -0400, Mark Lipton >
wrote:

>On 6/2/11 11:27 AM, Ed Rasimus wrote:
>
>> Worst state I ever lived in for alcohol laws was Alabama, but that was
>> thirty five years ago. Colorado was excellent except for no beer sales
>> in grocery stores on Sunday before noon. Texas is rapidly reaching
>> into the 20th century with few dry counties remaining and even Dallas
>> expanding the wet precincts last election.

>Alcohol laws in the Bible Belt have traditionally been quite...er...
>interesting. The worst I can recall was found in Oklahoma and later in
>Utah, where there were no bars, only "clubs." In the "club," you'd pay
>for membership for a small fee, which would then entitle you to a locker
>and a glass. You were then free to purchase a BOTTLE of liquor at the
>bar, pour it into your own glass and consume it on the premises. The
>locker was for storing your opened bottle of liquor.
>
>How this system was supposed to reduce alcohol consumption is beyond me,
>since it encourages consumption by the bottle!
>
>Mark Lipton

I'll match you and raise.

Years ago, Universal City TX, Randolph AFB, about 20 Vietnam fighter
pilots returned and going through a pilot instructor course. All
gathered in a motel during the training, some with spouses. Friday
nite, a few drinks by the pool then a suggestion to the local
restaurant/supper-club.

Walk down the block and request "table for twelve"

"Yes sir, would you like the family room or the club room?"

"What's the difference?"

"In the club room you can have drink with dinner."

"OK, we'll take club room."

"Is anyone a member? No? No problem then simply join."

"How much is it?"

"Free! And only one of you needs to join. The rest can be his guests."

"OK, now we'll eat."

"Sorry, gentlemen in the club room must have jackets."

"Well, we obviously don't."

"No problem. What size are you?" And with that he turned to a wardrobe
behind him with about fifty of the ugliest sport coats ever made
awaiting us.

It was the law in those days.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 13:07:06 -0700 (PDT), lleichtman
> wrote:

>On Jun 2, 9:27*am, Ed Rasimus > wrote:
>> On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 07:21:14 -0700 (PDT), lleichtman
>>

>> > wrote:

>> >Yep, State law prevents bringing your own bottle to a restaurant.
>> >Don't know why. I can't get any rational explanation. It protects
>> >restaurants but allows them to charge ridiculous prices. You can,
>> >however, walk out of the restaurant with an open bottle you bought!!

>> Alcohol laws remain largely state-by-state, which can be very good or
>> very bad, depending upon the state. Over the last fifty years the
>> trend has been favorable and each election more areas go "wet" and
>> there is better availability.
>>
>> As I recall, when I lived in NM (long ago, galaxy far away), you could
>> "brown-bag" beer and wine if a restaurant did not have a liquor
>> license. If they did, however, then you had to buy their offerings.
>> There also were beer/wine licenses and full-service licenses.
>>
>> Total licenses for the state were fixed in number, so to open a new
>> facility with a license you had to find a license holder willing to
>> sell his license. Made for a very lucrative market and often the
>> license was worth multiple times what the entire business was worth.
>>
>> Worst state I ever lived in for alcohol laws was Alabama, but that was
>> thirty five years ago. Colorado was excellent except for no beer sales
>> in grocery stores on Sunday before noon. Texas is rapidly reaching
>> into the 20th century with few dry counties remaining and even Dallas
>> expanding the wet precincts last election.
>>
>> Federalism reigns and I still like it better than having the feds
>> involved.

>You can no longer brown bag beer or wine to any restaurant liquor
>license or not.

Well, I'll be in Santa Fe for a week, in about ten days. Inn of the
Anasazi and some very fine dining on the agenda. No brown bags in my
future.

Skipping the Compound and Geronimo this vist, but will do Anasazi,
Coyote Cafe (new management last year and back to the glory days!),
Ristra and 315 Wine Bar.

Anybody got other favorites?
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 6/3/2011 10:30 AM, Bi!! wrote:
> On Jun 2, 4:40 pm, Ed > wrote:
>> On Thu, 02 Jun 2011 12:00:27 -0400, Mark >
>> wrote:

>>> Alcohol laws in the Bible Belt have traditionally been quite...er...
>>> interesting. The worst I can recall was found in Oklahoma and later in
>>> Utah, where there were no bars, only "clubs." In the "club," you'd pay
>>> for membership for a small fee, which would then entitle you to a locker
>>> and a glass. You were then free to purchase a BOTTLE of liquor at the
>>> bar, pour it into your own glass and consume it on the premises. The
>>> locker was for storing your opened bottle of liquor.

>>> How this system was supposed to reduce alcohol consumption is beyond me,
>>> since it encourages consumption by the bottle!

>>> Mark Lipton

>> I'll match you and raise.
>>
>> Years ago, Universal City TX, Randolph AFB, about 20 Vietnam fighter
>> pilots returned and going through a pilot instructor course. All
>> gathered in a motel during the training, some with spouses. Friday
>> nite, a few drinks by the pool then a suggestion to the local
>> restaurant/supper-club.
>>
>> Walk down the block and request "table for twelve"
>>
>> "Yes sir, would you like the family room or the club room?"
>>
>> "What's the difference?"
>>
>> "In the club room you can have drink with dinner."
>>
>> "OK, we'll take club room."
>>
>> "Is anyone a member? No? No problem then simply join."
>>
>> "How much is it?"
>>
>> "Free! And only one of you needs to join. The rest can be his guests."
>>
>> "OK, now we'll eat."
>>
>> "Sorry, gentlemen in the club room must have jackets."
>>
>> "Well, we obviously don't."
>>
>> "No problem. What size are you?" And with that he turned to a wardrobe
>> behind him with about fifty of the ugliest sport coats ever made
>> awaiting us.
>>
>> It was the law in those days.

> That was how they kept things segregated.

In the 60's, upscale bars in New York City were quite good about lending
necessary jackets. Once, I was even lent a barman's white jacket to obey
the rules.

--

James Silverton, Potomac

I'm *not*

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 2, 2:43*pm, Ed Rasimus > wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 13:07:06 -0700 (PDT), lleichtman
>

> > wrote:
> >On Jun 2, 9:27*am, Ed Rasimus > wrote:
> >> On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 07:21:14 -0700 (PDT), lleichtman

> >> Alcohol laws remain largely state-by-state, which can be very good or
> >> very bad, depending upon the state. Over the last fifty years the
> >> trend has been favorable and each election more areas go "wet" and
> >> there is better availability.

> >> As I recall, when I lived in NM (long ago, galaxy far away), you could
> >> "brown-bag" beer and wine if a restaurant did not have a liquor
> >> license. If they did, however, then you had to buy their offerings.
> >> There also were beer/wine licenses and full-service licenses.

> >> Total licenses for the state were fixed in number, so to open a new
> >> facility with a license you had to find a license holder willing to
> >> sell his license. Made for a very lucrative market and often the
> >> license was worth multiple times what the entire business was worth.

> >> Worst state I ever lived in for alcohol laws was Alabama, but that was
> >> thirty five years ago. Colorado was excellent except for no beer sales
> >> in grocery stores on Sunday before noon. Texas is rapidly reaching
> >> into the 20th century with few dry counties remaining and even Dallas
> >> expanding the wet precincts last election.

> >> Federalism reigns and I still like it better than having the feds
> >> involved.

> >You can no longer brown bag beer or wine to any restaurant liquor
> >license or not.

> Well, I'll be in Santa Fe for a week, in about ten days. Inn of the
> Anasazi and some very fine dining on the agenda. No brown bags in my
> future.
>
> Skipping the Compound and Geronimo this vist, but will do Anasazi,
> Coyote Cafe (new management last year and back to the glory days!),
> Ristra and 315 Wine Bar.
>
> Anybody got other favorites?

The O eating house in Pojoaque has excellent Mediterranean style food
and an excellent and reasonably priced wine list. Coyote has certainly
made a comeback with Eric Destefano in charge. I also really like
Galisteo Bistro on Gallisteo street.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 08:43:05 -0700 (PDT), lleichtman
> wrote:

>On Jun 2, 2:43*pm, Ed Rasimus > wrote:
>> On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 13:07:06 -0700 (PDT), lleichtman
>>

>> > wrote:

>> >You can no longer brown bag beer or wine to any restaurant liquor
>> >license or not.

>> Well, I'll be in Santa Fe for a week, in about ten days. Inn of the
>> Anasazi and some very fine dining on the agenda. No brown bags in my
>> future.
>>
>> Skipping the Compound and Geronimo this vist, but will do Anasazi,
>> Coyote Cafe (new management last year and back to the glory days!),
>> Ristra and 315 Wine Bar.
>>
>> Anybody got other favorites?

>The O eating house in Pojoaque has excellent Mediterranean style food
>and an excellent and reasonably priced wine list. Coyote has certainly
>made a comeback with Eric Destefano in charge. I also really like
>Galisteo Bistro on Gallisteo street.

It's amazing that Destefano doesn't have a coronary in the kitchen. At
Geronimo you didn't see him, but at Coyote with the open kitchen it's
tough to miss.

We generally stay right downtown, so O will be missed. For Spanish we
really liked La Boca last time we were in town. Pretty close to
authentic Spanish tapas. And, they introduced me to albarino. A
win-win!

Might be able to squeeze Galisteo Bistro in to the mix, but there is
also the mandatory visit to Tomasita's and I've only got four days of
gluttony available.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 6/3/11 5:07 PM, Ed Rasimus wrote:

> Might be able to squeeze Galisteo Bistro in to the mix, but there is
> also the mandatory visit to Tomasita's and I've only got four days of
> gluttony available.

Ed,
Another enthusiastic vote for Galisteo Bistro. We had a great meal
there last year when in Santa Fe. I'm psyched to hear that Coyote Cafe
is on the upswing as we've loved the cooking at Geronimo every time
we've been there.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 3, 3:07*pm, Ed Rasimus > wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 08:43:05 -0700 (PDT), lleichtman
>

> > wrote:
> >On Jun 2, 2:43 pm, Ed Rasimus > wrote:
> >> On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 13:07:06 -0700 (PDT), lleichtman

> >> Well, I'll be in Santa Fe for a week, in about ten days. Inn of the
> >> Anasazi and some very fine dining on the agenda. No brown bags in my
> >> future.

> >> Skipping the Compound and Geronimo this vist, but will do Anasazi,
> >> Coyote Cafe (new management last year and back to the glory days!),
> >> Ristra and 315 Wine Bar.

> >> Anybody got other favorites?

> >The O eating house in Pojoaque has excellent Mediterranean style food
> >and an excellent and reasonably priced wine list. Coyote has certainly
> >made a comeback with Eric Destefano in charge. I also really like
> >Galisteo Bistro on Gallisteo street.

> It's amazing that Destefano doesn't have a coronary in the kitchen. At
> Geronimo you didn't see him, but at Coyote with the open kitchen it's
> tough to miss.
>
> We generally stay right downtown, so O will be missed. For Spanish we
> really liked La Boca *last time we were in town. Pretty close to
> authentic Spanish tapas. And, they introduced me to albarino. A
> win-win!
>
> Might be able to squeeze Galisteo Bistro in to the mix, but there is
> also the mandatory visit to Tomasita's and I've only got four days of
> gluttony available.

And Tomasitas isn't open on Sunday. Great call on La Boca. Very
authentic tapas and good but not cheap wine list.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 17:14:32 -0400, Mark Lipton >
wrote:

>On 6/3/11 5:07 PM, Ed Rasimus wrote:
>
>> Might be able to squeeze Galisteo Bistro in to the mix, but there is
>> also the mandatory visit to Tomasita's and I've only got four days of
>> gluttony available.
>>

>Ed,
> Another enthusiastic vote for Galisteo Bistro. We had a great meal
>there last year when in Santa Fe. I'm psyched to hear that Coyote Cafe
>is on the upswing as we've loved the cooking at Geronimo every time
>we've been there.
>
>Mark Lipton

I'm very amenable to suggestions. Particularly knowledgeable ones. I
looked at the Galisteo web page after the recommendation and
immediately cancelled plans for 315 Wine Bar and inked in Galisteo for
one nite.

I've loved Geronimo for years but last visit we did G and Coyote on
consecutive nights and found Geronimo to be a bit stilted and old
school with virtually nothing creative going on. Coyote, on the other
hand, had great wait-staff, a vibe of energy and some really neat now
things happening.

It isn't Mark Miller redux, as the lean seems to be in new wave
deconstructed (I had the deconstructed BLT with pork belly and
heirloom tomatoes for example). There's still a proper NM southwest
flavor about the place but it's different than Miller's signature.

Oh, and we had a very nice Pinot Noir with the BLT as SWMBO was
enjoying a red meat, buffalo or maybe elk, IIRC.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 16:00:02 -0700 (PDT), lleichtman
> wrote:

>On Jun 3, 3:07*pm, Ed Rasimus > wrote:
>> On Fri, 3 Jun 2011 08:43:05 -0700 (PDT), lleichtman
>>

>> > wrote:

>> >The O eating house in Pojoaque has excellent Mediterranean style food
>> >and an excellent and reasonably priced wine list. Coyote has certainly
>> >made a comeback with Eric Destefano in charge. I also really like
>> >Galisteo Bistro on Gallisteo street.

>> It's amazing that Destefano doesn't have a coronary in the kitchen. At
>> Geronimo you didn't see him, but at Coyote with the open kitchen it's
>> tough to miss.
>>
>> We generally stay right downtown, so O will be missed. For Spanish we
>> really liked La Boca *last time we were in town. Pretty close to
>> authentic Spanish tapas. And, they introduced me to albarino. A
>> win-win!
>>
>> Might be able to squeeze Galisteo Bistro in to the mix, but there is
>> also the mandatory visit to Tomasita's and I've only got four days of
>> gluttony available.

>And Tomasitas isn't open on Sunday. Great call on La Boca. Very
>authentic tapas and good but not cheap wine list.

Won't be there on a Sunday. In town Mon-Fri and will probably hit
Tomasita's for a lunch.

Also on my recommended list is Trattoria Nostrani about three blocks
north of the plaza. Not over the top great, but pretty good Italian.

But, who goes to Santa Fe for Italian?

tasting fees:general Bill Loftin Wine 2 04-10-2007 06:13 PM
Tasting fees: general Ronin[_5_] Wine 2 04-10-2007 05:16 PM
corkage on Celebrity BAD NEWS Joseph Coulter Wine 3 29-01-2006 09:10 PM
Fees for selling wine? james Winemaking 4 16-08-2004 04:55 PM
Corkage Fee Earle Jones Wine 4 09-07-2004 10:21 AM