FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN 2 5th Growth Bordeaux (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/407510-tn-2-5th-growth.html)

Graham 15-05-2011 12:04 AM

TN 2 5th Growth Bordeaux

On Tuesday, with a house-guest, I opened a 2002 Ch. Cantemerle to go with a
simple roasted chicken and steamed potatoes. Cassis and some cedar notes, a
typical non-Parkerisé claret. B-B+
On Wednesday we tried a 1999 Ch. Batailley with some pork fillet. Perhaps
it was the poorer year but this didn't show so well but opened up over the
course of the evening and by the time we got to the cheese (3yr-old cheddar)
it about matched the Cantemerle. B.

Graham

Kent[_5_] 17-05-2011 08:24 AM

TN 2 5th Growth Bordeaux

"graham" > wrote in message
> On Tuesday, with a house-guest, I opened a 2002 Ch. Cantemerle to go with
> a simple roasted chicken and steamed potatoes. Cassis and some cedar
> notes, a typical non-Parkerisé claret. B-B+
> On Wednesday we tried a 1999 Ch. Batailley with some pork fillet. Perhaps
> it was the poorer year but this didn't show so well but opened up over the
> course of the evening and by the time we got to the cheese (3yr-old
> cheddar) it about matched the Cantemerle. B.
>
> Graham

After drinking 1/2 bottle of old decanted wine I cover the 12 remaining
ounces in the decanter with cling wrap, refrigerate it overnight, remove
the cling, and let it sit to room temperature. Everything is better,
especially with our old 1970 wines.

Kent