Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] '04 Produttori Barbaresco

TOnight I took my research group out to dinner at a local Italian
restaurant, though I'd neglected to consider that this is graduation
weekend at Purdue. In any event, with our main courses, I got a bottle of:

2004 Produttori di Barbaresco Barbaresco
nose: reticent, red fruit, minerals, rose petals, a hint of tar
palate: light, high acids, smooth tannins

Still quite young in character, this wine nonetheless was not in a bad
place tonight. It has begun developing tertiary characteristics and
should continue getting nicer for a good long while. My students, only
one of whom knows much about wine, generally enjoyed this wine.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

Default '04 Produttori Barbaresco

On May 13, 9:17*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> TOnight I took my research group out to dinner at a local Italian
> restaurant, though I'd neglected to consider that this is graduation
> weekend at Purdue. *In any event, with our main courses, I got a bottle of:
>
> 2004 Produttori di Barbaresco Barbaresco
> nose: reticent, red fruit, minerals, rose petals, a hint of tar
> palate: light, high acids, smooth tannins
>
> Still quite young in character, this wine nonetheless was not in a bad
> place tonight. *It has begun developing tertiary characteristics and
> should continue getting nicer for a good long while. *My students, only
> one of whom knows much about wine, generally enjoyed this wine.
>
> Mark Lipton

Had their low end Nebbiolo last week. Pretty good and inexpensive.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 14, 5:36*pm, lleichtman > wrote:
> On May 13, 9:17*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
>
> > TOnight I took my research group out to dinner at a local Italian
> > restaurant, though I'd neglected to consider that this is graduation
> > weekend at Purdue. *In any event, with our main courses, I got a bottle of:

> > 2004 Produttori di Barbaresco Barbaresco
> > nose: reticent, red fruit, minerals, rose petals, a hint of tar
> > palate: light, high acids, smooth tannins

> > Still quite young in character, this wine nonetheless was not in a bad
> > place tonight. *It has begun developing tertiary characteristics and
> > should continue getting nicer for a good long while. *My students, only
> > one of whom knows much about wine, generally enjoyed this wine.

> > Mark Lipton

> Had their low end Nebbiolo last week. Pretty good and inexpensive.

I had the Nebbiolo last week also..it was being toted around by the
distributor here. I thought it was excellent especially at the price.

TN: Barbaresco 1978, Pio Cesare cwdjrxyz Wine 2 01-10-2010 08:30 PM
Barbaresco for 99 cent a bottle ... [email protected] Wine 3 12-05-2007 11:53 AM
Morando Barbaresco 2001 Professor Wine 0 29-09-2006 01:09 AM
Ageing Barlo and Barbaresco? Yves Wine 1 20-03-2006 06:54 PM
TN: 2 Barbaresco, 1 CdR, 1 Dao, 1 St. Julien DaleW Wine 7 04-11-2005 05:42 PM