Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2009 Au Bon Climat Santa Barbara Pinot Noir

We had dinner last night at a place near the Ohio State University
campus. Really terific food, crispy braised pork belly, frisee salad
with lardon and poached duck egg, seared chicken and braised oxtail.
I ordered a bottle off the somewhat limited list of 2009 Au Bon Climat
Santa Barbara Pinot Noir ($30). Nice typical New World pinot nose, a
bit of black cherry, blueberry and cola. Fresh and smooth on the
palate. Firm tannins, a bit of exotic spice and cherry pie but a well
balanced acidity. Certainly a wine to drank with food. "B"
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 12, 10:08*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> We had dinner last night at a place near the Ohio State University
> campus. *Really terific food, crispy braised pork belly, frisee salad
> with lardon and poached duck egg, *seared chicken and braised oxtail.
> I ordered a bottle off the somewhat limited list of 2009 Au Bon Climat
> Santa Barbara Pinot Noir ($30). *Nice typical New World pinot nose, a
> bit of black cherry, blueberry and cola. *Fresh and smooth on the
> palate. *Firm tannins, a bit of exotic spice and cherry pie but a well
> balanced acidity. *Certainly a wine to drank with food. "B"

I happen to have a 2007 Au Bon Climat which I opened after I red your
comment.
It was a great new world pinot a lot of black cherry and blackberries
with a round tannins
and a lot of spice, a great wine to drink with food "A".