Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Pinon Brut non-dosé

assume he means Community Supported Agriculture.
I think Pinon is one of the value kings of the world
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 5, 4:45*pm, DaleW > wrote:
> assume he means Community Supported Agriculture.
> I think Pinon is one of the value kings of the world

Not familiar with the term. Assume it to be Farmer's Market.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 5, 6:45*pm, DaleW > wrote:
> assume he means Community Supported Agriculture.
> I think Pinon is one of the value kings of the world

I drink a lot of Pinon and a lot of Gruet in the summer. They are
both outstanding values and for my tastes, they are both delicious,
food freindly and fun to drink.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 5/5/11 11:10 PM, lleichtman wrote:
> On May 5, 4:45 pm, DaleW > wrote:
>> assume he means Community Supported Agriculture.
>> I think Pinon is one of the value kings of the world

> Not familiar with the term. Assume it to be Farmer's Market.

Larry,
CSA (Community-Suppported Agriculture) is a USDA-funded program to
help support small farmers. The way it works is by subscription: we buy
a share of the output before the growing season starts and then get a
"basket" every week with produce. It's a good deal financially, it
helps the farmer and it encourages us to branch out in our use of
produce ("Quick! Let's think of another use for kohlrabi!" ;-)) The guy
we deal with is at our local farmer's markets, too, but using his CSA we
are assured of getting the choicest things from his farm, such as the
fresh asparagus this week and fresh berries when in season.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 6, 10:41*am, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> On 5/5/11 11:10 PM, lleichtman wrote:
>
> > On May 5, 4:45 pm, DaleW > wrote:
> >> assume he means Community Supported Agriculture.
> >> I think Pinon is one of the value kings of the world

> > Not familiar with the term. Assume it to be Farmer's Market.

> Larry,
> * CSA (Community-Suppported Agriculture) is a USDA-funded program to
> help support small farmers. *The way it works is by subscription: we buy
> a share of the output before the growing season starts and then get a
> "basket" every week with produce. *It's a good deal financially, it
> helps the farmer and it encourages us to branch out in our use of
> produce ("Quick! Let's think of another use for kohlrabi!" ;-)) The guy
> we deal with is at our local farmer's markets, too, but using his CSA we
> are assured of getting the choicest things from his farm, such as the
> fresh asparagus this week and fresh berries when in season.
>
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

I'd recommend the film The Real Dirt on Farmer John to anyone with an
interest.