Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: mostly PN, plus Gamay, Aglianico, Melon, etc

Betsy's been cooking out of the Sonoma Diet book, actually food is
very good (though occasionally too busy). A recipe for stirfried
turkey with soba called for "semisweet sparkling" , at least covered
the sparkling part with the NV Astoria Prosecco. About as good as
you're going to get (for my tastes) in under $10 bubbly. Lemon and
sweet pear,.bright, easy, somewhere on the border of extra dry and
brut. B/B-

With grilled pork chops with fajita spices, a mango-white bean salsa,
and green beans, the 2006 Salvatore Molettieri "Cinque Querce"*
Irpinia. Big Aglianico, plenty of ripe dark fruit, anise, herb,
roadtar. A bit much for the dish, but good wine. B

With pasta and bay scalllops, the 2009 Pepiere "Les Gras Moutons"
Muscadet. Moderate acidity, nice almost creamy mouthfeel, sweet fruit,
I enjoy. B+/B

Despite having a lot to do before heading to NJ for Sat jeebus, I
attended my local group's Friday gathering. Theme was Pinot Noir or
Gamay, wines were blind:

Wine # 1 - fairly bretty, lean, I'm thinking PN but a rustic Burgundy
producer in a really lean year. 2006 Puzelat Pinot Noir. B/B-

Wine # 2 -again I'm certain it's PN, but doesnt seem Burgundian or CA,
maybe Oregon? Moderate cherry fruit, slightly rough texture, it's a
NYS wine, the 2008 Millbrook Pinot Noir. B-/C+

Wine #3 =mine, so no guessing. Rich, good ripeness, balanced, good
texture. Nice length, I'm happy. 2001 Mongeard-Mugneret Echezeaux. A-

Wine # 4 -quite ripe, maybe a bit overripe, I guess a 2003 Fixin. Not
close. 2007 Bearboat Pinot. B-

Wine #5 - ripe, decent balance, a little tannin, doesn't seem Burgundy
so I go with Cali PN. 2007 Ramsay Pinot Noir. B-

Wine #6 - knew we'd have one Gamay, this is easy. A little tight, but
solid fruit underneath. 2009 Thivin Cote de Brouilly B/B+

Betsy came by on way back from opera and gave Rob and I rides home.

[TN] '07 Bisceglia Aglianico del Vulture Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 3 28-08-2012 04:14 PM
TN: inexpensive Gruner and Aglianico DaleW Wine 0 16-06-2010 06:39 PM
TN Aglianico del Vulture Riserva 1982, D'Angelo cwdjrxyz Wine 0 19-01-2009 07:49 AM
Aglianico Marcello Fabretti Wine 6 02-12-2006 07:16 PM
Aglianico di Puglia: Alicione Aglianico [email protected] Wine 7 29-03-2005 03:44 PM