FoodBanter.com

-   -   TN: Chablis, Beaujolais, Gavi (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/406053-tn-chablis-beaujolais-gavi.html)

DaleW 27-03-2011 02:02 AM

TN: Chablis, Beaujolais, Gavi

I served the 2004 Fevre "Montmains" Chablis 1er with lobster, rice
with furimake, and asparagus with oyster sauce. I've found some
worrisome advanced bottles of 04 Fevre (like 02), but this one showed
nicely. Full bodied, good acids, long, minerally. Lasts well
overnight. This one seemed like it could have aged another 10 years,
but I enjoyed, and better safe than sorry. B+/A-

With roast chicken, salad, and barley, the 2009 Rochette "Cuvee des
Braves" Regnie. Quite tart at first, a cranberry driven midweight.
Loosened up with time (and more overnight), red fruit fills out. This
could use a bit more acid, but nice Beaujolais. B

Tonight with cod, root vegetables, and a bok choy/collard combo the
2008
Cascina degli Ulivi Gavi. Not sure exactly what I expected, I can't
remember last Gavi I tried, but nice wine. It's quite full and ripe -
the sweetness of the pear fruit is so deep I wondered if there was
actually a fair amount of RS. But it finishes fairly dry, and there
is balancing acidity. Good length, a wine I'll buy again. B/B+