Posted to alt.food.wine

Default jargon

What does structure mean? Texture?

Fat? Lean?

I see these things in wine reviews, but they never
explain it.

--
Rich
Posted to alt.food.wine

In a dicussion on this topic on a forum it became clear that everyone
had a slightly different understanding of structure means, so I am not
sure how helpful it is.

I use the term to cover both tannin and acidity. In other words
important aspects which are not necessarily pleasant in themselves, but
they provide a framework to add the yummy bits. And if you take away
the tannin and acid, the rest does not work.

--
www.winenous.co.uk

jargon RichD Wine 2 29-09-2012 07:58 PM
jargon RichD General 6 25-03-2012 02:00 AM
jargon RichD Wine 6 25-03-2012 02:00 AM
jargon DaleW Wine 3 06-02-2011 12:52 PM
jargon RichD Wine 10 01-09-2009 10:22 PM